Battery flat, car immobilised.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Quikflyer

Club Guest
My 1er recently had a flat battery so had to call a flat bed tow truck to have it sent to the nearest service centre. Had the battery replaced for RM950, and with labour etc, came up to RM1050. :eek:
222325_10150174583766653_684791652_7293617_7590236_n.jpg
Does anyone know how long does the battery last usually? I had 40,000 KM before it died. I'd be good if the system showed up warning signs that the battery is low so that I could have it sent to the centre without it actually dying first

My car is 54,000km and still using the original battery from the first day I purchase the car

etquah;644149 said:
My car is 54,000km and still using the original battery from the fist day I purchase the car

My car is 216,000 kms and still on original battery :29:

BMWDemon;644214 said:
Bro haywire : lu pakai battery apa ? Nuclear powered car ker ??

Original BMW battery. The car was in Scotland (Glasgow) for the first 6 years of its life, 7th year with me in Bristol, now here. I guess the battery hasn't been exposed to too much heat like batteries here does.

BMWDemon;644214 said:
Bro haywire : lu pakai battery apa ? Nuclear powered car ker ??

yeah, car battery last more than 8 years, may be nuclear powered!

etquah;644149 said:
My car is 54,000km and still using the original battery from the fist day I purchase the car

Hmmm, my car is about 4 years now if that makes any difference. How long does a battery last usually anyway?

haywire;644216 said:
Original BMW battery. The car was in Scotland (Glasgow) for the first 6 years of its life, 7th year with me in Bristol, now here. I guess the battery hasn't been exposed to too much heat like batteries here does.

Hmmm, it hurts me that sometimes I had to park my car in the open space! Oh the sun!

haywire;644216 said:

Bro just wondering to know what is the name of the Original BMW battery ya.
Thanks

pussy;644445 said:
my battery on my se7en is 7 years old too....DIN 100

that is good. just wondering how come i never encounter such good battery.

Alex5522;644422 said:
Bro just wondering to know what is the name of the Original BMW battery ya.
Thanks

HAYWIRE BATTERY- din 100. ...... Hehehe

Can we use jump start connector for flat battery in BMW? towing is troublesome and expensive!

EL118;644673 said:
Can we use jump start connector for flat battery in BMW? towing is troublesome and expensive!

Bro Good Q would like to know too..

TQ

yes, pop up the hood and find that + & - and hook them up, your car comes alive again...

Top Bottom