Aux Fan Fuse No.25 keeps blowing!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmerman

Club Guest
Hi guys, Lately I realised my Aircon was not as cold when the car was not moving so I took a look at the Aux Fan and true enough it was not moving even when the AC was on. So I took a look at the fuse box and true enough Fuse No.25 was blown. I replaced the fuse with another 30Amp fuse and turned the ignition to ON. The Aux Fan came alive for about 1 second and the fuse blew again! What's up with that? Any ideas guys???

take a look at your Aux Fan resistor ( attached near to the Aux Fan ) . It might be spoilt .

haha..., I just had that sickness recently....

It was the a/c pressure switch faulty. The switch above your a/c receiver/drier.

Hope this help you...

Thanks for all the help guys! I'll send the car in to Selvam bawa pokok today and let you guys know what the problem was. No cash prices for the one who guessed right though. Cheers!

bimmerman said:
Thanks for all the help guys! I'll send the car in to Selvam bawa pokok today and let you guys know what the problem was. No cash prices for the one who guessed right though. Cheers!

i bet its ur auxfan the culprit....

Well, just came back from Naidoo bawa pokok and here's the problem. The Aux fan came off it's motor mount (i don't know how to describe this) and started dancing around the frame. Basically there is a lot of play at the motor area meaning the motor could still turn but was shorting here and there thus the blown fuse No.25. Paid RM480 for a oem Aux fan and RM90 for workmanship. Also had a new set of belt tensioners installed for RM140. RM710 in total!!! There goes my weekend pocketmoney... :mad:

Top Bottom