Audio Aux-In

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shiva73

Club Guest
Gents .. I found that there is an Audio Aux In fucntion in my car -e60. What does this function allows me to install ? please advice. Does this function in the verz same way of Aux In ? TQVM

If yours is LCI then you can output your iPod or iPhone, etc through the Aux and play music from it.

Definitely the aftermarket DVD/CD/MP3/USB player la :top: But you cannot use the buttons on ur steering to choose songs or movie. Remote control is a must.
Or else install Dension which still allow you to use the buttons.. Cost about RM2400-2500
Pros and cons I don't know how to elaborate but if you need expert's advise.. pm me ok?

Bro .. Thule..

Sure can play DVD with aftermarket player huh..ohhh thats nice to hear. Means i dont need any other device in between aftermarket player and idrive ?

My only curiosity is , it say 'Audio Aux In , instead of regular ' Aux In '' .

But honestly , 2k-2.5k just to use the buttons on my steering is quite pricy bro - i wil trade that for something mechanical on my car.

Ok i will buz u soon and tqvm bro

Before I forget.. U will need Multimedia Interface which cost about RM2.5k before u can install the DVD player :4:

thule;678874 said:
Before I forget.. U will need Multimedia Interface which cost about RM2.5k before u can install the DVD player :4:

Is this "Multimedia Interface" is a thing to be installed in the iDrive, then it could support the add on functions like: reverse camera, DVD player, GPS etc?

Yes... that is exactly the setup of my E60 :top:
I'm on Eclipse reverse camera, Kenwood DVD/MP3/USB player, and Garmin gvn53 module :4: it's impossible without the Interface!

thule;679081 said:
I'm on Eclipse reverse camera, Kenwood DVD/MP3/USB player, and Garmin gvn53 module :4: it's impossible without the Interface!

Bro, I just installed mine last week, for RM1600 only leh! But I forget what brand ady liao oh.

thule;679081 said:

Mind to share how much for your Kenwood DVD/MP3/USB player, and Garmin gvn53 module? These are my next steps!

Bro kk123..

Wer u bot that multimedia interface ? Boleh share info ka?

Bro Thule pasang sudah lama liou.. skrg maybe sudah ada company curi pattern. :)

shiva73;679244 said:
Bro kk123..

Bro Thule pasang sudah lama liou.. skrg maybe sudah ada company curi pattern. :)

Bro Shiva;

I did mine at TTDI. U mean that interface in pattern right one?? I saw my invoice written there "BMW E60 OEM MONITOR INTERFACE ONLY".

kk123;679329 said:
Bro Shiva;

I did mine at TTDI. U mean that interface in pattern right one?? I saw my invoice written there "BMW E60 OEM MONITOR INTERFACE ONLY".

OIC...when was that . suppose the price went down further if it was done long ago . So bro , u installed the interface but havent hook up any players yet ?

shiva73;679338 said:
OIC...when was that . suppose the price went down further if it was done long ago . So bro , u installed the interface but havent hook up any players yet ?

Bro, I jz installed mine last wk only. I did together with my 3M tint and also reverse camera. Then budget tight ady, next month baru going to install the DVD players 1st, GPS still considering coz Im using iphone's gps at the moment, and I am quite satisfy with it. Heeheee...

Hi Bro,

Do let me know on the progress of your installation.. :)

Cheers.

Vick

shiva73;679244 said:
Bro kk123..

kk123;679219 said:
Mind to share how much for your Kenwood DVD/MP3/USB player, and Garmin gvn53 module? These are my next steps!

Kenwood KDV-MP6339U - RM1300 (but the price was 3 years ago and I'm sure that there are a lot of new models coming out already :4:)

Garmin gvn53 - RM2400 (about this figure la...) also new models have since come out so pls check out the rest ok? I heard that there is Papago module selling for less than RM1000 in the market... worth checking it out :top:

thule;679750 said:
Kenwood KDV-MP6339U - RM1300 (but the price was 3 years ago and I'm sure that there are a lot of new models coming out already :4:)

Garmin gvn53 - RM2400 (about this figure la...) also new models have since come out so pls check out the rest ok? I heard that there is Papago module selling for less than RM1000 in the market... worth checking it out :top:

Bro thule, i was recommended for the Kenwood DVD player as well, he said prices are various from cheap to exp. Btw, where did u install ur DVD player? I hv a 6-Disk changer (CD Player only) inside the drawer and a single disk player in the middle (air-cond controller there).

Wow the navigation is really cost a bomb oh! I think that's better for me to stick to my Iphone 1st, dont be so priorities the GPS!

kk123;679782 said:
Bro thule, i was recommended for the Kenwood DVD player as well, he said prices are various from cheap to exp. Btw, where did u install ur DVD player? I hv a 6-Disk changer (CD Player only) inside the drawer and a single disk player in the middle (air-cond controller there).

well.. There are many good aftermarket brands out there - Alpine, kenwood, clarion, pioneer - but pls get the high end ones ok? I could easily get one for RM500 last time but the sound difference is apparent. And I installed the player at the CD changer area.. And add additional sensor to detect the remote, as it's impossible to use the remote with the drawer closed. Long story.. If u want to see the picture, click on the link below

E60 ICE setup

Bro kk123..

Before you install all above , did you flash /upgrade your software to enable the 'Aux-In' , or your car comes with it ? wat year is ur car?

shiva73;680007 said:
Bro kk123..

Before you install all above , did you flash /upgrade your software to enable the 'Aux-In' , or your car comes with it ? wat year is ur car?

Hey Bro Shiva;
My baby doesn't has Aux-In option and she is Japanese born in 2005, hahaha! Will upgrade later for sure, known that there is a forumer kawan provides this service.

Top Bottom