ATE Grooved discs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jipster

Club Guest
Planning to get the ATE grooved vented discs for my ride.....sum Q:1. where is best place to get em in terms of price, stock availability etc. Does PH Auto have them?2. What brand pads recommended to work with them? I want to pair them with stock pads i.e. not fast road/track, so was thinking of ATE's or even Jurid etc.3. How much for the pads?4. Any idea of labour cost for fitting them - front only -

no,PH don't have them. Check with BA or 1st Div.

Yes, you can use the standard pads. Go for the Class A JURIDs

Hi Jip, do not forget about upgrading your rear brakes... :nyehehe:

I believe the standard set up is more than sufficient for my needs at this time.

My question stands:

1. where is best place to get em in terms of price, stock availability?

2. What brand pads recommended to work with them? I want to pair them with stock pads i.e. not fast road/track, so was thinking of ATE's or even Jurid etc.

3. How much for the pads?

4. Any idea of labour cost for fitting them - front only -

Jipster,

Again, procure the parts and bring two cans of 100plus and a pack of Sampoernas and all will be well.

Originally posted by kevster30@Feb 18 2005, 12:13 PM
Jipster,

Again, procure the parts and bring two cans of 100plus and a pack of Sampoernas and all will be well.
jip.... make dat 2 boxes...green wan u know.... :D :D

woooiiitttt....4 mechanics.....1 carton clove cigs+1 tray of 100+.....to do 2 discs......cost of local labour veli expensive one....

Still waiting-lah dudes....bav auto dun have ate grooved....1st div no stock....even calvin no stock.....now talking to musang silap mata @ magicfox who's trying to source fur me (thanks to the zogster who gave me the info - and thanks to magic who's nice enuf to help out).........hope I get lucky and get them soon :)

Originally posted by Jipster@Feb 18 2005, 05:05 PM
woooiiitttt....4 mechanics.....1 carton clove cigs+1 tray of 100+.....to do 2 discs......cost of local labour veli expensive one....

Still waiting-lah dudes....bav auto dun have ate grooved....1st div no stock....even calvin no stock.....now talking to musang silap mata @ magicfox who's trying to source fur me (thanks to the zogster who gave me the info - and thanks to magic who's nice enuf to help out).........hope I get lucky and get them soon :)
heh heh heh.....

And someone was telling me he was go slow and take it easy.............................hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaa!

Originally posted by kevster30@Feb 18 2005, 05:46 AM
And someone was telling me he was go slow and take it easy.............................hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaa!
:lol: :lol:

Jip,

IMHO, the grooves on the Power Disc basically just improves heat-dissipation and NOT improve stopping ability. The Schumanns (grooved & cross-drilled) I've been using on the 36, are no better than the ori BMW solid discs previously used. Also the brake dust "scraped off" by the grooves & holes are substantially more, meaning they eat pads faster.

Apart from getting bigger brakes, the single biggest & cheapest improvement to braking is .... steel-braided hoses .... :yes: Where pads are concerned, I've used Jurid, Textar & ATE, with the Jurid having the best "bite" but also the most dust ... :(

IMHO, you should just get the ori BMW discs which are about the same price as the Power Discs (if I'm not wrong), some steel-braided hoses, Jurid pads ... and voila ... You're done !

guys.....sorry to disrupt the thread! :p
but i'm organising a lil udm gathering at bkt jelutong mamak again for 2nite...
would b good if u all can make it as on fridays most ppl cant make it to the sep tt so i thought tht mebbe we could hav a post sep tt instead at bkt jelutong! :D ;)

anyone interested do call me or if kevster doesnt mind u could get my number off him and i'll info u guys where to meet me!
at the moment the rendevous point is bavarian auto at glenmarie.
i'll wait at the main road at 9pm and will convoy to bkt jelutong from there!
kevster...thanx and sorry for the hassle yeah!
i owe u 2 tt's or u prefer 1 sampoerna?
brad

Master Koryong.....I already have pro rs ss hoses on.....yes brake feel is definitely improved. There is no longer any mushiness.

Thanks for the advice though..... I have heard a lot about the good performance of the higher end Jurid's......and their prodigous dust production :)

At this time I have not been able to source the ATEs....no worries though since the ATEs were purely an upgrade exrcise for me and not due to any immediate need to change discs.....I shall bide my time for now....

Tyke bro....I've SMSd u my reply.....thanks for the invite dude :)

Originally posted by kevster30@Feb 18 2005, 06:46 PM
Signs of kena racun big time... but then he managed to recover in time and now taking his time. :D

aris....innerpower pun takde stock...meanwhile, Tyke is going to check out his contacts....we'll see....

Otherwise....will wait or look to do other things :)

Material...RM280 for 6 line kit....shud be perfect for u coz you've dun the conversion oredi

Labour....dunno.....got quoted lump sum inclusive of lots of other work....but my guess is

Top Bottom