Are E39 523i Cars Labelled as 525i in Japan ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wah........................the e39 only USD 2690. In Malaysia e39 year 2000 selling the lowest price at RM65000. Is 8 times of USD 2690

I think that all E39 with M54 engine will get the new facelift light...the M52 engine is pre facelift

This car engine are M52TU,not M54.In Japan called 525.I meeted this Japan spec around KL area recently.

M52TU = Double Vanos with accelerator cable (2.5 & 2.8 varieties)

M54 = Double Vanos and electronic butterfly w/o cable accelerator cable (2.5 & 3.0 varieties)

Yes, just saw MTigo's Jap import M52TUB25 E39 year 2000 which was badged 525i yesterday.

Interesting info. Wonder whether there is a price difference in the 2nd hand market between a 523i (local model) and a 525i (Jap import) of the same age and condition (using similar M52B25TU engines) since they are basically the same car.

tckhor;611386 said:
Interesting info. Wonder whether there is a price difference in the 2nd hand market between a 523i (local model) and a 525i (Jap import) of the same age and condition (using similar M52B25TU engines) since they are basically the same car.

Sometimes there are, simply because buyers are not aware of the badging and thinking that the 525i are facelift cars with M54 (really noob ones). Dealers are surely taking advantage of this.

Haih............ Malaysia is a suck country how come the car's price can be so high in Asia Pacific ???? Somemore another big problem is car is more expensive then the car's tech that we have in Malaysia is stay behind other country although that is same model !!!!!!!!!!

USD2690 is approx RM8000+. The AP and profit of the car dealer makes up for the rest and is indeed robbing the car buyer massively.

tckhor;611492 said:
USD2690 is approx RM8000+. The AP and profit of the car dealer makes up for the rest and is indeed robbing the car buyer massively.

U faster thanks to our pig government lah. Choose current government is like that de loh. If you are BeeN supporters then u slap urself now.........hahahahahahahahha

tweiboon;611498 said:
U faster thanks to our pig government lah. Choose current government is like that de loh. If you are BeeN supporters then u slap urself now.........hahahahahahahahha

tweiboon,

I advise you to please stop using such word "p" again ...... it isn't good and no politics in this forum.

m54b25 is 525i, correct la bro..Only things is they rebadged the m52tub25 to 525i.

tckhor;611492 said:

actually import tax and duty makes the largest portion of the final price.

Top Bottom