anyone tuned(performance) your 325?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
feisaldzul;418257 said:
did i hear you right? injectors for RM4500??? :eek:

i can take the rm4500 in cash or check. since u gundu frend, i can take travellers checque also :D :D ok ok la...gib u 10% dicount...:wink:

i got my 6 bigger cc units for my supercharger from leforte for 2400 all the way from the states. i was shock when i saw the quote but after knowing how much the stock unit cost now, its a bargain.

daveseech;418479 said:
i got my 6 bigger cc units for my supercharger from leforte for 2400 all the way from the states. i was shock when i saw the quote but after knowing how much the stock unit cost now, its a bargain.

2400...wow. feizal, u hearing this. hehehee. nasi kandar hameediah for one yr man :)

i actually survey a few shop and the price is all the same. so i got no choice. but still got problem after change injector, my fuel pump is low in pressure. after change both, excellence fuel ratio while tuning.

B33mEr;418223 said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl: very funny lah some people. It seems that you're trying to belittle him with the mods he has done so far :rolleyes: ... give the guy some credit for trying to Mod his engine via N/A. The mods he has done is not mild by any standards.

for a 2.5L engine with only the addition of a pair of mild cams doesn't justify it to be much performance modification at all. for NA performance, there is so much more to be done like stroking the engine capacity, parts lightening,air flow porting, compression increment, cylinder head modification yada yada yada.. if you want to mod say a m42 2.0, it can be tune up to 300hp NA just like the FIA spec racing engine using the bmw dme.

jamaliz;418910 said:
for a 2.5L engine with only the addition of a pair of mild cams doesn't justify it to be much performance modification at all. for NA performance, there is so much more to be done like stroking the engine capacity, parts lightening,air flow porting, compression increment, cylinder head modification yada yada yada.. if you want to mod say a m42 2.0, it can be tune up to 300hp NA just like the FIA spec racing engine using the bmw dme.

lol ... for streets applications it is more than mild. Read up what bro wan installed in his ride its more than just cams. My point is that i respect bro wan for taking the plunge to mod his car via NA and what he has done so far is right in terms of hardware just the tuning or software aspect that i think he didn't get it right. As for M42 2.0 300hp??? I don't think that would even be driveable on the streets or even street legal. That is comparing chalk and cheese lol

wan syahmi;417946 said:
if there is someone can do here, can u tell me where is the place which can do remapping on dyno?, i dun want copy from any map and paste to my ecu. i ever ask at euro motorsport and any others, they also do the same thing,send data and remapping.

and here is the list i ever ask about remapping, and all them said, no one in malaysia can do perfect tune ( remapping) for bmw except change ecu to motec or haltech...

1- milennium motorsport (joshua)
2- setiawangsa motorsport , race tuning
3- exotic mods
4-race craft
5-waz maz (jb)
6-bm auto

a few years ago, iam a drag racer at sepang, thats why i noe them, u can see my cars pic on ms...

i think you need to learn from the right ppl on how you can tune your car. the shops you mentioned above doesn't specialized in bmw tuning and exoticmods is more of a accessory shop for bmw rather than a tuning shop. get on the internet, ask around forums be it here in bcm or even abroad. just remember to be open to what is being told and dont just be adamant on what you wish to do. being stubborn can only cost you more money sometimes.

B33mEr;418920 said:
lol ... for streets applications it is more than mild. Read up what bro wan installed in his ride its more than just cams. My point is that i respect bro wan for taking the plunge to mod his car via NA and what he has done so far is right in terms of hardware just the tuning or software aspect that i think he didn't get it right. As for M42 2.0 300hp??? I don't think that would even be driveable on the streets or even street legal. That is comparing chalk and cheese lol

i respect him too, i have seen his mod list and it is still mild in anyway i see it. not trying to compare the m42 300hp engine to his, that is just an example of what can be had. having had 8 bmw going through my hands, and done many n/a mods to most of them. his is really minimal my friend. probably you have no experience in doing much performance mods hence they may look major to you.

i have a 235 hp m42 in my 318ci, its a 2.3l stroked m42 with high compression, fully forged and lighten parts, a individual throttle setup and the works. all done by my tuner last year. and the car while all modded it is still a daily driven car and my 21year old sister use it to uni everyday. the only complains she has is that it only consumes vpower and she has to pay the extra 30cents for it. :rolleyes:

jamaliz;418938 said:
i respect him too, i have seen his mod list and it is still mild in anyway i see it. not trying to compare the m42 300hp engine to his, that is just an example of what can be had. having had 8 bmw going through my hands, and done many n/a mods to most of them. his is really minimal my friend. probably you have no experience in doing much performance mods hence they may look major to you.

i have a 235 hp m42 in my 318ci, its a 2.3l stroked m42 with high compression, fully forged and lighten parts, a individual throttle setup and the works. all done by my tuner last year. and the car while all modded it is still a daily driven car and my 21year old sister use it to uni everyday. the only complains she has is that it only consumes vpower and she has to pay the extra 30cents for it. :rolleyes:

Interesting 235hp eh! Any pics of the car and the engine bay??? That's more powerful than my 330:eek: Would love to see the car in person ....

P/s: I still think it's not "very,very,very mild" as someone said it nor is it just minimal. I know what needs to de done in terms of NA mods ... there are other BMW around the world that are have easily achieved 300hp or more on a M54B30 and have been documented for the benefit of everyone.

B33mEr;418945 said:
Interesting 235hp eh! Any pics of the car and the engine bay??? That's more powerful than my 330:eek: Would love to see the car in person ....

P/s: I still think it's not "very,very,very mild" as someone said it nor is it just minimal. I know what needs to de done in terms of NA mods ... there are other BMW around the world that are have easily achieved 300hp or more on a M54B30 and have been documented for the benefit of everyone.

jamaliz is using a m44 not m42.

the engine has a custom spec hi-comp (11.0:1 cr) fully lightened Hartge based 2.3 stroker (stock hartge 2.3 has 190hp) along the addition of a individual throttle setup, porsche MAF and DME tuning. 235hp is easily achievable. the engine's only drawback when compared to a m54b30 would be the slightly lower torque numbers but they are but all irrelevant when the m44 is 60kg lighter and revs faster.

hartge.jpg

Bro laforte the sifu,can u list down what mod should we have to getting more power and toque in M54 engine? i mean other than SC.

leforte;418964 said:

the engine has a custom spec hi-comp (11.0:1 cr) fully lightened Hartge based 2.3 stroker (stock hartge 2.3 has 190hp) along the addition of a individual throttle setup, porsche MAF and DME tuning. 235hp is easily achievable. the engine's only drawback when compared to a m54b30 would be the slightly lower torque numbers but they are but all irrelevant when the m44 is 60kg lighter and revs faster.

hartge.jpg

Thanks for the info leforte but how does one achieve additional 45hp and additional torque (55NM) on top of what is already achieve by hartge??? Any dyno sheets??? Any pics of the engine bay or of the car??? Is that sort of hp/displacement is achievable on an M54 ???

B33mEr;419080 said:
Thanks for the info leforte but how does one achieve additional 45hp and additional torque (55NM) on top of what is already achieve by hartge??? Any dyno sheets??? Any pics of the engine bay or of the car??? Is that sort of hp/displacement is achievable on an M54 ???

i think he has already mentioned the magical parts here.

leforte;418964 said:

hartge.jpg

hakim_radzuan;419037 said:
Bro laforte the sifu,can u list down what mod should we have to getting more power and toque in M54 engine? i mean other than SC.

Every performance modification ciircles around one variable. the budget you have and willing to spend. so with that said. the list of mods can go on forever if the budget is ever flowing.

i have a a questionnaire for all my clients to know what is required of them before we proceed. so all mod list is taylor made to fit.

in general,to increase the performance of a N/A engine, you start with the engine's VE volumetric efficiency. most oem N/A engine has a restrictive VE from the factory. you improve the VE, you gain the power loss due to the restriction.

daveseech;419082 said:
i think he has already mentioned the magical parts here.

Errr ... any dyno sheets??? Any pics of the said engine??? achieving 100hp/litre is impressive indeed in any parts of the world. But i'm a bit sceptical (am being honest here) as gaining an extra 45hp and increasing torque (any figures?) from what is already a high state of tune from hartge is no easy feat and must be commended if proven.

P/s: can you give a rough figure of the cost involved?

Hey guys . I am a newbie here . . Owning a e46 325i . . What do i have to modified in order to improve my car hp to more than 220 ? ? what do i have to do ? and the cost i need to pay for it . . . let me know thanks

B33mEr;419180 said:
Errr ... any dyno sheets??? Any pics of the said engine??? achieving 100hp/litre is impressive indeed in any parts of the world. But i'm a bit sceptical (am being honest here) as gaining an extra 45hp and increasing torque (any figures?) from what is already a high state of tune from hartge is no easy feat and must be commended if proven.

P/s: can you give a rough figure of the cost involved?

there are countless factory engine out there with a good 100hp/L output. probably you are just not aware of it. this kinda power output is no big deal or matter nowadays.

For the answer to your skeptical remark, it all lies in the engine setup. this engine is built and setup differently from the hartge unit. if you know the function and workings of those parts highlighted to you by dave , the answer is right in front of you. Go figure why the numbers are achievable!

Till then i hope you would start modding your car rather than just talking it. your CAI is a good start but you can do more and learn more from it with actions.

the cost is higher than you can imagine. so unless you are sincere in doing one, you need not know about it.

leforte;419201 said:
there are countless factory engine out there with a good 100hp/L output. probably you are just not aware of it. this kinda power output is no big deal or matter nowadays.

For the answer to your skeptical remark, it all lies in the engine setup. this engine is built and setup differently from the hartge unit. if you know the function and workings of those parts highlighted to you by dave , the answer is right in front of you. Go figure why the numbers are achievable!

Till then i hope you would start modding your car rather than just talking it. your CAI is a good start but you can do more and learn more from it with actions.

the cost is higher than you can imagine. so unless you are sincere in doing one, you need not know about it.

And here i thought that we're discussing about engine performance mod for the benefit of everyone :rolleyes: and yes of course i can learn more by actions (does writing a cheque for performance parts and installation constitute learning?) if i install it myself which i don't have the skills, tools and experience so the next best thing is to ask those that do.
Fyi my car still is under warranty so i can't do jack squat when it comes to engine ... But it is an interesting subject to learn more about... Hence the questions. Plus it benefits you more as a business entity as it will gather interest from forumers regarding engine mods. So leforte i have no wish to engage you in another arguments as i am here to learn and share knowledge ...

P/s: Dyno sheets or pix of the said engine? :D

Top Bottom