anyone tuned(performance) your 325?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
wan syahmi;417577 said:
20k is not just for safc, its for everything if u refer to page 1.iam not tuning on dyno, if i do so, my computer will cut the signal from airflow and just use o2 sensor because if i go on the road , the fuel will lean. iam ever do at joshoua ( milennium motorsport)..after come back, i cannot use safc for normal.although if i remove my air mass, nothing happened.. afte reset everything just normal and i do street tuned,,much more power i got couse tune at real air temp, real load. my gb is auto.

no offence wan, i admire your guts to so called "tune" your ride with the safc, but its a futile effort in doing so and the bmw ecu will just reset itself after adaptation sets in.

i would highly recommend you seek proper profession help in getting your ride tune up with the proper tools via obd2 remapping and get the actual performance you ought to be getting from your 20k investment which, for now seems to be just add-ons that does nothing but damage to your engine.

Seriously, by just looking at your video, you car seem to be performing just like a stock unit at anything above 180kmh. are you kidding yourself with 240hp? Do note that with performance cams fitted, the car should be at a nice performance sweetspot at that speed/rpm and the car should be accelerating exponentially compared to stock, but your car doesnt seem to be doing so and seems to be running out of air playing catch up with that golf gti which is clearly out of your lead. you also mentioned you change the injectors with 330 unit. you do know the 330 injector is about 50% larger than stock right?, by just changing the injectors and no tuning, you car will be running lean and knocking which makes sense of your car's poor performance and check engine light blaring at you. :106:

bmw vs golf turbo

for your sake, please get help.

(Seriously, by just looking at your video, you car seem to be performing just like a stock unit at anything above 180kmh. are you kidding yourself with 240hp? Do note that with performance cams fitted, the car should be at a nice performance sweetspot at that speed/rpm and the car should be accelerating exponentially compared to stock, but your car doesnt seem to be doing so and seems to be running out of air playing catch up with that golf gti which is clearly out of your lead)

if u see the video clearly and u see the spec both car, do u thinkk i can catch with that gti.?..

gti turbo spec...200hp,1400kg, load 1 person, standart rim ,
my car 325ci...190hp standart, 1850kg origional weight, front rim 235,18,40, rear rim , 18,35,255. sound system weight about 30kg and load 3 person..

at that time, my check light is on, if u know, if check light is on, my vanos is not on, so can my car reach 250 easily? if my check light is not on, ill get 10-15hp more.

(you also mentioned you change the injectors with 330 unit. you do know the 330 injector is about 50% larger than stock right?, by just changing the injectors and no tuning, you car will be running lean and knocking which makes sense of your car's poor performance and check engine light blaring at you.)

that is true, the 330 injector is 50% more larger than stock.,but iam not understand why my car will lean if i change injector with no tuning.??? its chould be rich...another 1, erm this is my experience,,when my car running Very lean and there is a knocking, the computer will cut automaticly signal from air mass sensor and use o2 sensor all the time, the reading will be 14.++ all the time....

about the check light, its because i remove both my catalytic converter... when i maintaint drive below 120kmh longer than 5 minutes, its will light, because in vacum, the computer will use air mass, after vacum, it will use o2 sensor,, correct me if i wrong.. ( couse the reading o2 sensor is over the range, thats why my check light will on.)

a few way to tune ur car...

1-motec (12k -15k)
2-remap ecu (2k-3k) in malaysia, ITS NOT SO PROFFESIONAL couse they just sent data to us, then they send back the program, thats not proper tuning.,
3-remap ecu + safc
4-safc

wan syahmi;417877 said:
(Seriously, by just looking at your video, you car seem to be performing just like a stock unit at anything above 180kmh. are you kidding yourself with 240hp? Do note that with performance cams fitted, the car should be at a nice performance sweetspot at that speed/rpm and the car should be accelerating exponentially compared to stock, but your car doesnt seem to be doing so and seems to be running out of air playing catch up with that golf gti which is clearly out of your lead)

if u see the video clearly and u see the spec both car, do u thinkk i can catch with that gti.?..

gti turbo spec...200hp,1400kg, load 1 person, standart rim ,
my car 325ci...190hp standart, 1850kg origional weight, front rim 235,18,40, rear rim , 18,35,255. sound system weight about 30kg and load 3 person..

at that time, my check light is on, if u know, if check light is on, my vanos is not on, so can my car reach 250 easily? if my check light is not on, ill get 10-15hp more.

(you also mentioned you change the injectors with 330 unit. you do know the 330 injector is about 50% larger than stock right?, by just changing the injectors and no tuning, you car will be running lean and knocking which makes sense of your car's poor performance and check engine light blaring at you.)

that is true, the 330 injector is 50% more larger than stock.,but iam not understand why my car will lean if i change injector with no tuning.??? its chould be rich...another 1, erm this is my experience,,when my car running Very lean and there is a knocking, the computer will cut automaticly signal from air mass sensor and use o2 sensor all the time, the reading will be 14.++ all the time....

about the check light, its because i remove both my catalytic converter... when i maintaint drive below 120kmh longer than 5 minutes, its will light, because in vacum, the computer will use air mass, after vacum, it will use o2 sensor,, correct me if i wrong.. ( couse the reading o2 sensor is over the range, thats why my check light will on.)

WAN, every car can reach top speed, it just a matter of how fast you get there. your car is definately not getting there in a hurry. a e46 318 or 320 and 325i stock can reach 250 too. i have seen that and done that many times on a good stretch of road.

i hope you understand, i am just trying to enlighten you on the tuning path that your car is going through. A m54 engine is not tune that way and it will never work. like i said i admire your guts and glory for doing so but its a futile effort. do you know what is Short Term Fuel Trim (STFT) and Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT)?? if you know what are they, you will know why your car is running lean and not rich, even when you added in 50% larger injectors.

please read the folllowing posting directed to you when you were looking for injectors last year. i hope you will read through it in detail. just so you know, its given by someone who has a good knowledge of what you are going through and his advice is something you should be sorting from.

leforte;371896 said:
there is 3 possibility why your car is running lean and it has nothing to do with the cams. have you check the health of your MAF, O2 sensors and the possibility of your car having a vacuum leak??? :rolleyes: please check, replace and rectify these issues before doing another dyno tune.

SAFC?? err...what??. i have a feeling your tuner knows nothing about tuning your car.

the stock e46 m52tub28 injectors are 203cc@3.5bar. they are only running at around 50% efficency at max rpm. anyway, fitting higher degree cams will not require any injector change, you will benefit more from a full DME reprogramming for its ignition timing and vanos map. SAFC is a wrong way to tune your car. you will be back at your tuner for a retuning very soon after the DME adapts itself.

Anyway FYI hiop cams are just very mild but higher degree regrind stock bmw cams which has a same lift as stock cams, your engine's rpm is DME controled, so if no DME programming is done to your car to intentionally raised the stock rpm of the car, the engine requires no additional fuel or injector change. changing to higher degree cams itself does not raise the ooperating rpm of a engine.

should your car be an automatic:eek: !!!! the change of higher cams is just a waste of money. your steptronic autobox upshifts and your DME cuts ignition (500rpm before redline) before you are even at the redline. the efficiency of the hiop cams is way up at a much higher rpm, below that you will feel nothing but a lack of torque.

if you want to really feel the performance of your hiop cams and also to fully maximized the performance of your m52tub28, there is only 2 solutions to it. reprogramming the engine DME would be the first step and the second would be to reprogram the steptronic EGS. both requires different tuning as both are controled by different ecus

thanks a lot for the information, safc is the cheapest way to tune ( to me), because every time i do mod, easily can tune back. someday ill remap my ecu, ( maybe at singapore) couse they will tune at dyno. but still use safc for tuning fuel, couse at singapore, they will tune at dyno., to get the best ignition.

(DME would be the first step and the second would be to reprogram the steptronic EGS. both requires different tuning as both are controled by different ecu)

for the gearbox,do u knoe where to program it? for performance. tq

wan syahmi;417891 said:
thanks a lot for the information, safc is the cheapest way to tune ( to me), because every time i do mod, easily can tune back. someday ill remap my ecu, ( maybe at singapore) couse they will tune at dyno. but still use safc for tuning fuel, couse at singapore, they will tune at dyno., to get the best ignition.

(DME would be the first step and the second would be to reprogram the steptronic EGS. both requires different tuning as both are controled by different ecu)

for the gearbox,do u knoe where to program it? for performance. tq

you do not have to go down to singapore for your DME reprogramming, all can be done here. SAFC is useless on our bmw so no matter how much it is, you are better off without it.

for your dme tuning, it doesnt matter if its tuned on the spot here or tune by someone overseas. it only matters who is the person or company tuning it. apparently there are more than a dozen maps in the dme which takes into account every variable and environmental conditions that your car may encounter on the road. so makesure the tuner here can tune all of them which i hardly doubt so when you are only leaving your car with them for a few hours on the dyno. so choose a tuner with adequate experience and knowledge for the task

well i am told by my friend leforte, to properly tune a car, bmw tested them on every road and every environmental condition for god knows how long before they release them to the public. i believe reputable and more experienced tuners abroad may have already done all those R&D on a performance tune, so by having it tune by them may not be a bad thing at all.

if there is someone can do here, can u tell me where is the place which can do remapping on dyno?, i dun want copy from any map and paste to my ecu. i ever ask at euro motorsport and any others, they also do the same thing,send data and remapping.

and here is the list i ever ask about remapping, and all them said, no one in malaysia can do perfect tune ( remapping) for bmw except change ecu to motec or haltech...

1- milennium motorsport (joshua)
2- setiawangsa motorsport , race tuning
3- exotic mods
4-race craft
5-waz maz (jb)
6-bm auto

a few years ago, iam a drag racer at sepang, thats why i noe them, u can see my cars pic on ms...

wan syahmi;417946 said:
if there is someone can do here, can u tell me where is the place which can do remapping on dyno?, i dun want copy from any map and paste to my ecu. i ever ask at euro motorsport and any others, they also do the same thing,send data and remapping.

and here is the list i ever ask about remapping, and all them said, no one in malaysia can do perfect tune ( remapping) for bmw except change ecu to motec or haltech...

1- milennium motorsport (joshua)
2- setiawangsa motorsport , race tuning
3- exotic mods
4-race craft
5-waz maz (jb)
6-bm auto

a few years ago, iam a drag racer at sepang, thats why i noe them, u can see my cars pic on ms...

i can tell you are a Jap boy racer at heart, i was one too until i had my first bmw 10 years ago (e36 328i coupe). i learned the hard way and spend loads of money trying to boost my cars performance using my old honda acquired tuning mindset. and i can tell you if only i listened to my boss on the ways of tuning a conti, i would be a quarter of a million richer in today's money. i'm now awake and hope you can too.... :eek:

wan, the place you go to for tuning is just wrong, 20k spent? tsk tsk tsk.... obviously they will tell you no one can do a perfect remap, and thats because all the workshops you go to do not even have bmw tuning experienced or the right tools for it. all besides exotic mod that does some 3rd party tuning sales, i dont see any of the others have anything to do with bmws at all.

1) milennium motorsport? (joshua) BMW?? he can motec most Jap cars but bmw? e30s e36s???
2)Setiawangsa motorsport? race tuning??? vtec, mivec, RBs and supras, yes. BMW NO
3)exotic mod? aesthetics yes, bolt on performance like air filters, exhaust. tuning yes, but 3rd party.
4) race craft? do you even know what they do???
5)waz maz??????? WHAT?
6) bm auto? you mech? servicing and repairs? yeah you will need them.

seriously to tell you the truth, when it comes to tuning, there is only one guy that comes to mind with all the resources. i am very sure he can and knows who can help you but i doubt he is interested in doing so. sorry. you can pm him but its slimm.... :106:

(seriously to tell you the truth, when it comes to tuning, there is only one guy that comes to mind with all the resources)

thanks for the sentence...maybe just a few people can do perfect tuning in malaysia, but i have not meet them yet..hmmmm tq again... and whats his name?...

Keep an open mind and share your experience.

Learn from other mistake and your own as well.

daveseech;417992 said:
i can tell you are a Jap boy racer at heart, i was one too until i had my first bmw 10 years ago (e36 328i coupe). i learned the hard way and spend loads of money trying to boost my cars performance using my old honda acquired tuning mindset. and i can tell you if only i listened to my boss on the ways of tuning a conti, i would be a quarter of a million richer in today's money. i'm now awake and hope you can too.... :eek:

wan, the place you go to for tuning is just wrong, 20k spent? tsk tsk tsk.... obviously they will tell you no one can do a perfect remap, and thats because all the workshops you go to do not even have bmw tuning experienced or the right tools for it. all besides exotic mod that does some 3rd party tuning sales, i dont see any of the others have anything to do with bmws at all.

1) milennium motorsport? (joshua) BMW?? he can motec most Jap cars but bmw? e30s e36s???
2)Setiawangsa motorsport? race tuning??? vtec, mivec, RBs and supras, yes. BMW NO
3)exotic mod? aesthetics yes, bolt on performance like air filters, exhaust. tuning yes, but 3rd party.
4) race craft? do you even know what they do???
5)waz maz??????? WHAT?
6) bm auto? you mech? servicing and repairs? yeah you will need them.

seriously to tell you the truth, when it comes to tuning, there is only one guy that comes to mind with all the resources. i am very sure he can and knows who can help you but i doubt he is interested in doing so. sorry. you can pm him but its slimm.... :106:

heh....the above places bring back memories. dave...i feel u're pain, i was there too :p

ramsing;418140 said:
heh....the above places bring back memories. dave...i feel u're pain, i was there too :p

yeah those were the days. wasted hell a lot of money on my then 328 with non bmw mech and shops, luckily my will is strong and never fell for a Frankenstein conversion.

wan syahmi;418062 said:
(seriously to tell you the truth, when it comes to tuning, there is only one guy that comes to mind with all the resources)

thanks for the sentence...maybe just a few people can do perfect tuning in malaysia, but i have not meet them yet..hmmmm tq again... and whats his name?...

i normally go to leforte for all my performance parts, you can PM leforte for them. if its not wasting his time, he can do the remap for you personally or he will just send you off to somebody else who will do it. do you know, your mods is actually very very very mild and actually i am told by him, there are plenty of maps already made for simple bolt on parts like what you have on your car le. eg;- one of my friend's 330 has the dme tune by him and even after he added a aftermarket exhaust manifold and full exhaust after the tuning, the tune is still sport on. i was told a good tuner can anticipate all this in the tuning so that it can adapt to itself.

daveseech;418156 said:
i normally go to leforte for all my performance parts, you can PM leforte for them. if its not wasting his time, he can do the remap for you personally or he will just send you off to somebody else who will do it. do you know, your mods is actually very very very mild and actually i am told by him, there are plenty of maps already made for simple bolt on parts like what you have on your car le. eg;- one of my friend's 330 has the dme tune by him and even after he added a aftermarket exhaust manifold and full exhaust after the tuning, the tune is still sport on. i was told a good tuner can anticipate all this in the tuning so that it can adapt to itself.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: very funny lah some people. It seems that you're trying to belittle him with the mods he has done so far :rolleyes: ... give the guy some credit for trying to Mod his engine via N/A. The mods he has done is not mild by any standards.

wan syahmi;417562 said:
yes, anyone can see my car, maybe tomorrow ill put my cooler pic. the hp is on flywheel. one thing i forgot to put in, iam also change the pully and lightened my crankshaft pully.. the cost is around 20k. for my cam is just 3800 ( second buy from bmwclub forum) , injector rm4500..and i also got more milage for my fuel and my air aircond more cooler than before...and iam also can push my car over 200kmh along the way, especially to trg and johor...couse my gearbox is more cooler and my car got fine tuning. safc select can fit into any continental cars, u can find it at sunway..i stay at keramat...kl

did i hear you right? injectors for RM4500??? :eek:

B33mEr;418223 said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl: very funny lah some people. It seems that you're trying to belittle him with the mods he has done so far :rolleyes: ... give the guy some credit for trying to Mod his engine via N/A. The mods he has done is not mild by any standards.

i've already given him credit. and its indeed a very small amount of modification. the additions of a set of mildly regrinded cams is minimal la. for you it may be a lot since you have never done any performance mod to your car but for others who has been through it, its a very very very small add on.

hmmm...dave..urs is m3 ek?reach 280-300?hmmmm.....and what is the device on the dashboard?

Top Bottom