Anybody using AVLS security system?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

suntze

Club Guest
Hi all, just wanna ask about AVLS. Anybody here using this security system?Is it reliable? What's the price like? Those of you not using AVLS, what's your car's security system?Thanks

viper 2way.just changed it last week. full set with auto windows/auto start/radar sensor and don't know what else sensors... rm2.5k plus installation.

mr muscle, does your system have immobalization?what does auto window, auto start do and radar do? sorry very new here.

thank you for your time and help.

Originally posted by suntze@Jun 10 2005, 06:29 PM
mr muscle, does your system have immobalization?what does auto window, auto start do and radar do? sorry very new here.

thank you for your time and help.
it has an optional immobilizer whereby its cuts the fuel supply after a few minutes if the car has been started by hotwiring and the remote did not 'disarm' the alarm. the alarm will have to be wired to the fuel supply unit which is under the passenger rear seats. once u use the remote to arm/disarm, it will also arm/disarm the immobilizer. In the event the remote fails. there is also a sensor installed in the car at the XXX so u just have to bring the remote unit to the sensor to disarm the immobilizer but if u ask me, IMO aftermarket immobilizer sucks big time coz they are not like the OEM types which is built in to the engine ecu. Aftermarket ones are just a gimmick and you can do away without it.

As for the windows..u can program the alarm to close the windows(either 1 or a few or all) during arming. During disarming you can also program the windows to open or not and also u can program the remote unit just to open the windows also can. Another feature is you can also program disarming to open driver or all central locks. This also applies to a sunroof unit if you have it. If your side mirrors are electric foldable, you can also program it to open/close. There is also auto arming after a specified amount of time(this feature i like coz i always forget to lock my car)

Autostart = press button on remote, the car will start itself. you can also program to start,winds windows down 1/4,1/2 or full, on a/c(if yours is digital), after programmed xxx time, close windows, blah blah blah, u can program quite a lot of things. I like this feature when my car is parked in my office under the sun, i will autstart it let it run and cool up the cabin b4 i go in and go for lunch so that i don't get baked in the cabin heat. you can also progarm this feature to shutdown the engine after specified amount of time if the car is not driven after autostart.

As for the radar sensor, its sort of a 'radar/surrounding' sensor which can be program what is the sensitivity/range of the sensors something like that..example...someone comes near the car within xxx distance, the alarm will chirp and give a warning. The radar sensor is a must if u install the autostart feature whereby you have programed it to open the windows. so during this period when it detects something approaching the car within your specified xxx range programmed by the sensitiviy radar sensors, the windows will wind up.

as for the 2way radio, the signal goes up to about probably 1km according to the book but i duno never tested this. but it does work in my office compound, so when the alarm is triggered, your remote will beep and indicate wat is triggered. the remote unit is not exactly small in size, its just like a mini version of a a samsung d500 phone and has a multifunction lcd screen to indicate which door is opened, etc...

Anyway, its actually quite a costly alarm system which one really does not need unless your a 'gadget' person who fancies such features like me as i find those 'gadgets' cool ;)

Top Bottom