Any owners out there with E60 530d?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wingzee

Club Guest
Hi all,Have always been a diesel fanboy for due to the awesome FC and torque. Recently bumped into a decent 2004 530d. http://www.mudah.my/BMW+530d+Original+Msport+bumper+and+M6+rims-20385011.htmPlanning to view the ride this weekend. Not sure if there are any 530d owners here since most are on petrol version. Any pointers to look out for before bringing the car to my mech for a check? How are the maintenance like for the M57TU2D30OL 6 cylinders turbo engine? AFAIK, turbo failures are a well known issue for turbo cars. I assume that this diesel unit shares the same parts with other pre-LCI E60 for all the electronics, cooling and suspension system?

beware..... after you are in the dark side, you cant turn back.... btw the car looks goood

Very2 nice :top: ..... @ RM109K, thats a good sell provided everything is like what is stated in the ads :top: ... With regards to the turbo unit, its as good as others if you torqued it within its limits .... no issue. Main problem would be the swirl flap which the advertiser had put in mention that it has been taken out since. ...

Good luck on your search ...

dzuljazz2001;809520 said:
Very2 nice :top: ..... @ RM109K, thats a good sell provided everything is like what is stated in the ads :top: ... With regards to the turbo unit, its as good as others if you torqued it within its limits .... no issue. Main problem would be the swirl flap which the advertiser had put in mention that it has been taken out since. ...

Good luck on your search ...

Datuk Prez, thanks for the reply! Any 530d-specific issues to look out for? Or maybe diesel ones? I assume other than the engine, the other usual wear & tear items are the same for all M54-based E60?

wingzee;809623 said:
Datuk Prez, thanks for the reply! Any 530d-specific issues to look out for? Or maybe diesel ones? I assume other than the engine, the other usual wear & tear items are the same for all M54-based E60?

The injector also need extra care bro ... After clocking 370K, I am now having problem with the excessive black soot which I suspect comes from my "faulty" injectors ... :( .... other than that, no real issue but try to stay away from Bio diesel. Seems not to be friendly to our engine ... :top: ...

Nice choice Wingzee.. Looking forward to meet the car kalau jadi.. I can still cucuk you from behind if i'm still the sweeper.. Hahahaaaa... Joking ony..

AmoiSky;809635 said:
Nice choice Wingzee.. Looking forward to meet the car kalau jadi.. I can still cucuk you from behind if i'm still the sweeper.. Hahahaaaa... Joking ony..

You will eat smoke Sky .... and Im not joking hehehehehe :4::4::4: ...

Wanted to view the car today but someone paid deposit already. Too bad. Hunt for oil burner goes on........

Since we didnt get the chance to view or test drive the 530d we when for a test drive...

Proton R3 Satria Neo manual is a fun car! Wingzee please tell our bros here its potential especially the LOTUS handling.

here Paul Tan's review
http://paultan.org/2011/03/09/proton-r3-satria-neo-short-test-drive-impressions/

Proton-Satria-Neo-R3-3-700x524.jpg

Neo R3 was indeed a fun car! Even with stock equipments. Too bad the torque is nowhere near the 530d. Kekeke

Top Bottom