Any ideas on how to refresh the E32?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Eggie86

Club Guest
Hey guys, I would like your suggestions as to how to give my E32 a new lease of life. I know it's getting on, but at least it's ageing gracefully and can still show some upstarts in their SLKs the meaning of middle range acceleration ;DI've already gotten rid of the original 15'' rims and replaced it with the Style 115 rims from the E60. I know the rims are scuffed but I really love my car and give it lotsa TLC especially during the weekends cos I seriously can't stand the sight of a dirty car.The side skirting on the left side of the car is beginning to peel and I'm planning to get the car a repaint to make it look new again. I've also toyed with the idea of changing the headlights cos the ones on mine are really not that bright anymore to those HID ones, but I'm afraid that I might run afoul of those men-in-white/blue... Any suggestions dear Bimmer fans? PS: SLKs - Kelisas, Kancils, Kenaris and etc... :cool:http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8019&d=1234923608http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8020&d=1234923649

Some reference to motivate you...hehehehe

2700516231_ec4b13037d_b.jpg
2700512673_05b1c8af67_b.jpg
dsc06914wu6.jpg
dsc06907nk9.jpg
ext10.jpg

:top::top::top::top: HAve fun!

kevster30;400989 said:
No challenge in turning around an e38.....it's already got killer looks...

Hey. Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a soft spot for the E38, especially after watching James Bond. LOL. But my dad's against the car [for now] since it's notorious for its electronics eh? Hope my notions can be proved wrong...

I suppose I'll keep the E32 for a few more years and see what happens. I was initially hesistant when dad first got the car few years back, cos I thought he was referring to the E38 when he told me that he bought a used 7...

But since then, I've grown to like the Bimmer; faults aside... It has given me lotsa good driving moments indeed. Thankfully the electronics are still working fine; aside from the dim pixel lights on the dashboard as well as the not-functioning sunroof.

I suppose that's what makes my r/s with the Bimmer memorable. When I have the money, I'll treat it to a new paintjob [probably black or keeping the same colour] and I seriously feel like replacing the side skirts and get the sunroof fixed. Then probably add new headlamps and voila! It should be looking as new as ever!

Just hope that the car can withstand some more daily abuse as a workhorse... The car's beginning to rattle when driven at speed, but still... It's bearable. ;)

elwine30;401301 said:
hahah, time for e32 gathering. ;)

Haha, yeah. There should be an E32 gathering bro! It's about time our rides get noticed. ;)

Eggie86;401413 said:
Yeah. Nice to drive, but a lil' noisy when driven at speed, Haha.

It suppose to be very quite , in your case wind noise ? tyre noise ?

Iqlima;401448 said:
It suppose to be very quite , in your case wind noise ? tyre noise ?

Well, when I was driving back from KLIA last Sunday morn, there was a little wind intrusion sound coming from my sunroof. You see, a small portion of the rubber lining has peeled off... My guess is that it might be the cause of the wind noise.

Anyhow, I suppose running on 16 inchers has also affected the sound-proofing bro...

Eggie86;401458 said:
Well, when I was driving back from KLIA last Sunday morn, there was a little wind intrusion sound coming from my sunroof. You see, a small portion of the rubber lining has peeled off... My guess is that it might be the cause of the wind noise.

Anyhow, I suppose running on 16 inchers has also affected the sound-proofing bro...

ok, I say no more, noise created by your own choice .............:love:

i don't think the wind noise is bad at high speed. at 200, i still can hold a decent conversation and listen to music. it cannot compare with other newer generations but as a 1980s car, the NVH is quite respectable even to today's standards.

elwine30;401658 said:
i don't think the wind noise is bad at high speed. at 200, i still can hold a decent conversation and listen to music. it cannot compare with other newer generations but as a 1980s car, the NVH is quite respectable even to today's standards.

Yep. Actually it ain't too loud. Yup, sound insulation is really decent for the car, despite its age. After all, it was one helluva luxo-barge to rival the W140 S Class in the 90s!

but if you have sunroof, it's a fact that it will not be as quiet compared to the non-sun roof car.

elwine30;401811 said:
but if you have sunroof, it's a fact that it will not be as quiet compared to the non-sun roof car.

Yep, although my sunroof isn't working, the fact that there's a gap in the roof probably affects the NVH levels. Then again, I'm happy with my car. Was tailing a immaculate E38 728i whilst in the SMART tunnel this morning. It was really nice. My dream car...

Top Bottom