Anti-roll bars

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

peanut

Club Guest
Has anyone installed anti-roll bars on his E90? I am considering this as the next upgrade. Any significant improvement in handling?

Anti roll bar will help your car take corner flatter and overall handling will become more precise. However, the ride will become a little stiffer.

speedrats;299757 said:
However, the ride will become a little stiffer.

You shouldn't feel any different in highway as wheels at same axle travel up/down uniform-ly most of the time.
What Anti-Roll bar, or Anti-Sway bar does, is to reduce the height different of two suspension of wheels at same axle (example Right and Left wheels at front)
Thus give you a better handling.

If you like to corner alot, anti-sway bar is the best upgrade without compromising comfort.

Thicker/Stiffer front bar enchange understeer, as
Thicker/Stiffer rear bar assist oversteer. (Rule of Thumb)

turbology;299778 said:
You shouldn't feel any different in highway as wheels at same axle travel up/down uniform-ly most of the time.
What Anti-Roll bar, or Anti-Sway bar does, is to reduce the height different of two suspension of wheels at same axle (example Right and Left wheels at front)
Thus give you a better handling.

If you like to corner alot, anti-sway bar is the best upgrade without compromising comfort.

Thicker/Stiffer front bar enchange understeer, as
Thicker/Stiffer rear bar assist oversteer. (Rule of Thumb)

That's what I thought, thanks! Any recommendation on some of the best ones for E90 325 sports

Thanks both.

My favourite is Whiteline product (from Australia)
I can find you one if you need.
But any kind will work.
The thicker the better, but at the same time, the pothole will seems alot bigger too. :)

For my friend E30 i got for him ireland engineering from the US. Futher more it can be adjusted

Adjustable Swaybar is good, since you can adjust the corner capabilities based on track and road conditions.
But for regular road car, I cannot justify the additional cost. Just my 0.02
Eibach or H&R are good brands. Not familiar with ACS.

Things to add: If you are not "oversteer friendly" driver, try to go less aggressive with rear Anti-Roll bars.

Top Bottom