Anti Roll Bar information

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
its a bar that reduces body roll on a car..... :rofl: ... bro you have to a bit more specific. First of all there are stock ARB from other e30s and then you have performance ones like eibach, ireland engineering etc and then you have adjustable ARB.....they also have various thickness.

also..... i have towed this to the correct section

Please post in the correct section next time.

-The Moderator

Originally posted by nelsone30@Jan 3 2006, 11:08 AM
Did anyone has any description of anti roll bar for e30.......
u mean the diameter or what..most e30's actually came with front and rear anti roll bar except for some countries the rears was left out...the rears onea has a two thickness 12mm and 14.5mm...in US all the model came with 12mm and other countries up to the 323i with 12mm and 14.5mm for the 325i. The fronts are 18mm up to 323i and 20/21mm for the 325i...I have a rear 12mm for sale..interested..upgrading to the 14.5mm...with 3.73 LSD..

so dvng, my car is using 18mm front and 12mm rear... is that correct? just asking :blush:

aiya.....does it make any difference???? I installed mine but still cant get the M3 set up.... :beaten: worst , cant even match the New 120i handling.... :)

Red Color and very thick!! B) Thanks to James of MTJ world..hehe.

Originally posted by DingChavez@Jan 8 2006, 06:27 PM
so dvng, my car is using 18mm front and 12mm rear... is that correct? just asking :blush:
i would believe so...anyway the M3 setup is similar to the 325iS with Mtec suspension with inverted Bilstein shocks and beefier ARBS but the setup is not replicable unless u have the front control arms of the M3's..they have droplinks attached to the struts

E30 M3's front ARB is only 18mm thick but the bar is linked to the strut housing and not to the control arm.

i would believe so...anyway the M3 setup is similar to the 325iS with Mtec suspension with inverted Bilstein shocks and beefier ARBS but the setup is not replicable unless u have the front control arms of the M3's..they have droplinks attached to the struts

What's the difference between the M3 control arm with the non-M? AFAIK they are the same. Only the strut housing and the anti-roll bar links are different. not forgetting the M3 caster offset control arm bushes.

sometime a person shud not read too much books.....

with or without anti roll bar it doesnt make any difference....

drive safe...be safe... :yes:

Originally posted by Zoggee@Jan 9 2006, 06:12 PM
sometime a person shud not read too much books.....

with or without anti roll bar it doesnt make any difference....

drive safe...be safe... :yes:
absolutely correct..one shouldnt drive as though he is possesed..there's only so much a car can do without abusing it..

HMP !!! last time someone told me M3 control arm cannot replace the ball joint, have to replace the whole M3 control arm.... sigh.... naik kapal pirate...

There is also aluminum control arm for the E30 M3. That I guess can not replace the ball joints. Actually I also not sure whether all E30 M3 used the aluminum control arms.

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jan 10 2006, 04:05 AM
There is also aluminum control arm for the E30 M3. That I guess can not replace the ball joints. Actually I also not sure whether all E30 M3 used the aluminum control arms.
as i recalled not all m3's were fitted with aluminium control arms..the only thing is aluminium is more susceptible to fatigue hence they need to be replaced more frequent...not sure if they yield better performance although most of the new BMW"S now comes with aluminium control arms..

btw, why the original poster so quiet? ask question but no reaction one? Ask for fun, is it?

just post it for informations............so everyone knows bout it.
but no one willing to post it up....so!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh i.c........Nelso, if you dun have, get those from IRELAND ENGINEERING ones...u can corner flat flat!

Guess there was an offer from one of the forummers that a boleh-land co. can make F & R ARB. Mebbe can ask him again.... What his name aa..forgot redi...

Top Bottom