Alpine White maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
KrisMas;477420 said:
I wouldn't blame the machine or the products used for that....I'd blame the person using them....

KrisMas
When i sent my car to the premium detailing center i would expect they know how to use the machine correctly...i have seen the results they delivered with exotic cars so my anticipation was high....

however, as i mentioned earlier they didnt do a good job:eek:

megatnh;477435 said:
KrisMas
When i sent my car to the premium detailing center i would expect they know how to use the machine correctly...i have seen the results they delivered with exotic cars so my anticipation was high....

Sifu KrisMas has spoken. :wink:

I totally agree with him. You can give the most expensive and best products to someone but if he doesn't have the skills or the passion to do the job right then you won't get the results you are after.

As for these premium detailing center's, the problem with them is that the people who actually do the work are employed by the owners and I'm sure they are pressured to complete the cars ASAP. So I'm not surprised at the quality of work they produce although I would be quite shocked if it was as bad as my friends Accord. The worst thing is that the wax does tend to hide most of these defects so you don't see them immediately but after the wax wears off.... :eek:

As a detailing enthusiast myself, if you are interested, it would be better to learn how to do it properly yourself but it can get quite expensive to purchase everything you 'need'. :rolleyes:

If doing the work yourself doesn't appeal to you, I think you would be better off entrusting your ride to someone who is passionate about detailing and who's reputation is fully on the line every time he details a car. There's a big difference in quality between someone who is employed to do the work and someone whose reputation depends on the quality of his work.

There are plenty of detailer's around so the only way you can compare them is by their work. So you should always ask:

"Show me your work". :wink:

megatnh;477435 said:
KrisMas

I wouldn't say every time, but some times, even 'premium' places would weight quality against profitability. And sometime the quality losses.

I totally agree with bro seech, if you're really passionate about taking care of your car, the best would be to take up DIY detailing. Take it up as a hobby...believe me it's good exercise :top::top::top:

If not, as far as detailing centres are concern, there are only 2 detailing centre so far that I would trust my car with. Or else there are also a growing number of 'private' detailers who are doing some part time detailing, you might want to scout around and look for them. Most of them can do a good job as most of them are quite passionate with their work.

Regards.

Top Bottom