Alfa GT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I tot the S60R thingy was urban legend? :rolleyes:

My test drive with the Alfa GT Coupe

I came back later for the car as they were several customers testing the car earlier. I have to say the exterior is extremely beautiful. The looks of the car will make you fall in love with it. The interior is very warm and humane. You feel connected and become part of the car. It is one of the most beautiful cars money can buy. Bose sound system is definitely a big plus. The seats does not fit me well. This only applies to me due to my size. Otherwise gorgeous car. Next is the engine. Read alot about it on the internet and magazines and this my 1st time trying the engine. I am very impressed with the JTS engine. It comes with a high pitch growl and it is very addictive. It is definitely better than the TS enginers. Better torque and better power band across. Very smooth for a 4 cyclinder and the car uses the latest Selespeed system same as the 147 I tested earlier. Very nice. The acceleration and mid range is definitely stronger a than the 2.0 TS found in 156/147. I am in love. If there is a 4 cyclinder engine I will consider this would be the one. Handling is superb just like any Alfa thru the corners. I rate it higher than the 156 and 147 anytime. Suspension is stiff and just nice. The comfort is definitely compromised but who the heck cares if you are driving the Alfa GT Coupe. Definitely a potential buy and consideration. The car will make your heart pump and make you want to drive it harder and more. I love the Alfa GT Coupe even with 2.0 JTS. The 3.2 V6 would have been perfect. Why? Read on the next section.

For more please goto Italiaauto forum.

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Oct 6 2005, 11:58 AM
I want this badly lah! Does anyone have a good get-rich-quick solution for me ah?!!
Sell your arse. go teapot cafe in SS2, I see many aunties (most probably Datin and Puan Sri) hanging out there. A nice plumb white boy like you should sell well.

muahaha :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Oct 6 2005, 01:28 PM
I want this badly lah! Does anyone have a good get-rich-quick solution for me ah?!!
Yes...get a hand bag and wave at people at Lorong Haji Taib ... :blush:

I am dark mah. They like fair ones, fairies even better. For them, nothing like a nice plumb white boy carrying their handbags. Even in the days of Empress Dowager nice plumb white boys are favoured, but in those days they all kukuless one.

muahaha :D

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Oct 6 2005, 05:35 AM
I am dark mah. They like fair ones, fairies even better. For them, nothing like a nice plumb white boy carrying their handbags. Even in the days of Empress Dowager nice plumb white boys are favoured, but in those days they all kukuless one.

muahaha :D
Hahahahahaha...!! You can be so funny!! But... plumb boys will find Alfa GT's seats uncomfortable??? Redd, what you think?

Hey, JPB, for added market reach, how about offering us weekends with the GT for our service of pimping you out?

I'll make you work like a dog... on all fours... all night and all day long... very soon, you'll be able to afford it!

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Oct 6 2005, 01:59 PM
But... plumb boys will find Alfa GT's seats uncomfortable??? Redd, what you think?
Oi, u implying something issit?! I'm not plump. I'm just horizontally endowed. :p

anyway, i found the GT seats quite comfy actually. well if u want wider seats, i can swap u the ones from 156. slightly used, no fornication, and nicely broken in by a "plump" guy. LOL!

redd

I checked out Sime Auto Italia's outlet at Bangsar today at 2.30 pm after dropping by the Audi showroom at opposite side of the road. As I was parking outside the Alfa showroom, I saw a sales guy dashing out in a 147. Anyways, I was glad the GT was on display but sadly, there was no one to attend to me except the security guard who didn't have the guys to the car. The GT looked mistreated for a showroom car with dirt on the wheels, hand prints on the glasses and seats were also unfolded properly. It's AMAZING how there was absolutely no-one to attend to customers even though it was well within business hours based on their door sign! Disgusted, I left the place thinking to myself the sales guy who dashed out to "makan" (btw, it's puasa month) according to the guard and anyone who's in charge of the Bangsar outlet ought to be sacked.

The Audi showroom was a quantum leap in presentation and service in comparison. The new A4 1.8T (pre-facelift) is only going for RM208K with up to 9 years financing @ 2.35% p.a.

Sack the buggar.... Buzz me John. Will let you know about getting a special discount on the car. Cheers...

jpb, had i known you're gonna be around bangsar, i would have joined you...i know the Audi people in bangsar, can try to get a better deal for you but you might as well get the face lifted model la..

Originally posted by safri@Oct 8 2005, 02:47 PM
jpb, had i known you're gonna be around bangsar, i would have joined you...i know the Audi people in bangsar, can try to get a better deal for you but you might as well get the face lifted model la..
Thanks Safri! I live in Bangsar, so it's just around the neighbourhood for me to check out nice dealerships like G-Power, Tom's, Brabus, MG Rover, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Honda, Toyota etc etc etc. While I think Sime Auto Italia made the right decision to keep their outlet in Bangsar and stock it with the GT, the responsible employee ought to be sacked for leaving it unmanned! I found out later that most of the staff there had to go for some training during that time but the manager left 'someone' behind to hold the fort. I chatted with a friend who's involved with the Sime group at a higher level that the 'someone' was no where to be found. He was quite pissed about it as I was!

somebody going to kena la!! was with feizaldzul in bangsar for buka puasa...he just got his new UDM, a 523 equipped with supercharger...:)

Originally posted by safri@Oct 9 2005, 01:54 PM
somebody going to kena la!! was with feizaldzul in bangsar for buka puasa...he just got his new UDM, a 523 equipped with supercharger...:)
E60??

i know this might just have happened to me, but i drove a friend's Alfa GT 2.0 Sillyspeed once, and it was quite a scary experience..

Maybe the car didn't like me but...
i drove the car, floored it, near the redline, i let go of the throttle, but it still kept going...

It was bouncing at the rev-limiter and i looked down at both my feet. Both my feet were raised up and not touching ANY pedal (and the engine was still revving up and down the rev-limited)... quickly hit the brakes and got my friend to take over...

But.. it ONLY happened to me and only happened once...
i'd prefer a proper manual... this sillyspeed thing scares me

Originally posted by flash@Oct 11 2005, 02:04 AM

E39.... black colour.... (if I think that is the car). :D
I know the ex-owner... If I remember right, it has a 528i badge at the rear, with plate Bxx 9900 or something like that. He was still driving it a few days ago tho, but told me someone bought it already..

Top Bottom