Alfa GT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Juan Powerblow

Club Guest
Just posted this at italiaauto.comSime Italia Auto must be doing a good job promoting the Cuoro Sportivo cos they're advertised everywhere and getting a lot of nice attention. I'm enthralled by the good looks of the Alfa GT and have been toying with the idea of relinquishing my E46 325i for it. In 1-2 months, my office is gonna be almost walking distance from my condo and since I'm single, I wouldn't mind a nice coupe at all. Besides, I tend to become 'transporter' for my more senior partners who refuse to drive their fat Mercs. I bet they will stop asking me so much if one of 'em got to crawl into the back seats, hahaha! More importantly, has anyone driven the car? Can I have your thoughts on its handling, performance, comfort levels or anything. I'm a wee bit concerned about the selespeed. The thot of changing gears manually via the steering is tantalising but hope it's not as jerky as the early batches of 156s I test drove 3-4 years ago. I'm gonna try test driving it myself over the coming weekend if time permits...

do it man.....these alfas are real sexy machines compared to merc and bmws.

When are you going to test drive? Can we tag along? Hee hee.

Originally posted by bmwky@Oct 4 2005, 02:41 AM
do it man.....these alfas are real sexy machines compared to merc and bmws.
I know. Farnee thing is I told a friend, I would geddit just on its looks alone!! Just hope Proton don't spoil the party by doing kopi kat on their new Putra... :p

Originally posted by flash@Oct 4 2005, 02:42 AM
When are you going to test drive? Can we tag along? Hee hee.
I suppose so, we can also check out the BMW Experience @ Glenmarie at the same time if it's being held there tis weekend and test drive the E90 325i.

John,

Have you tested the car? I was pleasently impressed by the 2.0 JTS engine. Both OSf and I were in one for a while during the AROC GT and boy-oh-boy, it feels a lot more powerful than the 2.0l suggests. I hear that the newer selespeeds are a lot better plus the extended warranty period offered by AI. No classic Alfa for you?

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Oct 3 2005, 09:37 PM
Just posted this at italiaauto.com

Sime Italia Auto must be doing a good job promoting the Cuoro Sportivo cos they're advertised everywhere and getting a lot of nice attention. I'm enthralled by the good looks of the Alfa GT and have been toying with the idea of relinquishing my E46 325i for it. In 1-2 months, my office is gonna be almost walking distance from my condo and since I'm single, I wouldn't mind a nice coupe at all. Besides, I tend to become 'transporter' for my more senior partners who refuse to drive their fat Mercs. I bet they will stop asking me so much if one of 'em got to crawl into the back seats, hahaha!

More importantly, has anyone driven the car? Can I have your thoughts on its handling, performance, comfort levels or anything. I'm a wee bit concerned about the selespeed. The thot of changing gears manually via the steering is tantalising but hope it's not as jerky as the early batches of 156s I test drove 3-4 years ago.

I'm gonna try test driving it myself over the coming weekend if time permits...
yes... from the picture and write-up in last Sunday's Star (motoring section), it looks absolutely stunning and sexy, to say the least. B) The 165bhp and 206Nm torque should be adequate

get the classic guilia.....!....powderful with berlina engine....2000 not 1750.....make sure the dif is replaced too or not.....3months, you'll be looking at a broken diff!

go for it bro!!....infact i'm toying bout it too!....

Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Oct 4 2005, 02:48 AM
John,

Have you tested the car? I was pleasently impressed by the 2.0 JTS engine. Both OSf and I were in one for a while during the AROC GT and boy-oh-boy, it feels a lot more powerful than the 2.0l suggests. I hear that the newer selespeeds are a lot better plus the extended warranty period offered by AI. No classic Alfa for you?
Notchet. Perhaps this weekend. Sime Auto Italia's package does look attractive. Basically, it's 2 years maintenance free! It's the funk appeal that's drawing me to this car. We only live once rite?! For RM265K and the financing package, it doesn't seem exorbitant for a CBU that looks like a Maseratti! :D

Please ask Sime about whether our local petrol quality is good enough for the JTS engine. I would suppose after enjoying the torque of the 2.5 straight 6, a natural progression is to get a 3.2 V6 alfa. The 156 GTA seems a good deal, since they are trying to clear stock before the 159 arrive, and the Singaporeans were commenting on how much cheaper the 156 GTA is in Malaysia!

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Oct 4 2005, 07:01 AM
Please ask Sime about whether our local petrol quality is good enough for the JTS engine. I would suppose after enjoying the torque of the 2.5 straight 6, a natural progression is to get a 3.2 V6 alfa. The 156 GTA seems a good deal, since they are trying to clear stock before the 159 arrive, and the Singaporeans were commenting on how much cheaper the 156 GTA is in Malaysia!
How much issit in Malaysia? I heard it's about RM330K?!! If so, then it's cheap for 250 bhp of raw Italian spirit. Yet again, the Swedes got 250 bhp going for only RM260K in the S60 T5.

I tot you said the Volvo can't handle and tyres squeel like a pig on relatively low speed??????

Maybe this weekend you should test drive both the Alfa GT 2.0 and 156 GTA, and ask them for big discount on the GTA! Ask WJ to go with you in his Alfa, since he is a member of AROC and met some of the Auto Italia guys before.

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Oct 4 2005, 07:38 AM
I tot you said the Volvo can't handle and tyres squeel like a pig on relatively low speed??????

Maybe this weekend you should test drive both the Alfa GT 2.0 and 156 GTA, and ask them for big discount on the GTA! Ask WJ to go with you in his Alfa, since he is a member of AROC and met some of the Auto Italia guys before.
That's true about the Volvo but I expect GT and 156GTA to do much better. Yet again, there was that Volvo S60R which killed a string of Porsches and a Ferrari on the way up to Ulu Yam reported over this forum. I still remember the controversy that caused among the Porsche and Ferrari owners. :)

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Oct 4 2005, 03:47 PM
That's true about the Volvo but I expect GT and 156GTA to do much better. Yet again, there was that Volvo S60R which killed a string of Porsches and a Ferrari on the way up to Ulu Yam reported over this forum. I still remember the controversy that caused among the Porsche and Ferrari owners. :)
Maybe the driver of that Volvo was really pushing it (110%) whereas the Porsche and Ferrari were taking a Sunday drive (80%)? But I don't doubt the straight line speed of the Volvo S60R.... awesome.... but the driver needs to have titanium balls to really push it in the twisty bits (unless he did something to the suspension).

Juan, Alfa GT looks great!!, saw it few weeks ago at Sime's exhibition in front of Telawi Street. But, at that price, you have tons of options man, why Alfa. You saving on the 2-yr free maintenance will be off-setted by the low resale value. If you ask me, the S60 T5 is a better option, but then again, there's also e46 330i for your consideration...

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Oct 4 2005, 02:47 AM

Of course la, the guy in the volvo had a lot to prove and the guys in the Porsches and Ferrari have nothing to prove... ;)

NOoooo...pleeze la not a Volvo. JPB get the alfa you lose the handbag label instantly. Get a Volvo the label will stick with you for a long time.....diffrent story la if it is Club Vovo. :D

Ah... the Alfa GT... what a gorgeous motor car!

I am tempted too...

Get it!

But please do get the petrol versions, not the diesels, its a "sports car" for crying out loud!

After driving the GT, I felt Alfa has finally come up with a true spiritual successor to the GTV. If I has apare cash, this is the car I would get. At the end of the test drive, I didnt have enough tissue paper to wipe off my drool.

oooooooooooooooooo the sound.....almost made me cum....

The selespeed a little jerky so a manual would be wonderful.

I heard that there is a 1.6 manual in Singapore.

lol! u guys still remember the S60R incident. well, if anyone knows the driver of the S60R, u know he has nothing to prove. he drives like that all the damn time, whether there are supercars around or not. i shd know. i was behind him for all of 3 mins up ulu yam last sunday when he lost me. and mind u, ive got a V6 and he was driving the 156 2.0TS.

of course, if the S60R was available in malaysia, id seriously consider one too - 300hp stock, 4WD, active suspension with 3 settings, 6-speed stick shift, etc etc. it may be a Volvo, but damn, what a Volvo it is!

anyway, back to the topic - the Alfa GT. yes, the selespeed system takes some getting used to. there's still a slight jerk at upchange but not near as bad as on the older systems. there are ways to reduce this jerk - by using certain lubes and by tuning the selespeed system. dont worry too much about it for now. :)

redd

Top Bottom