Alarm System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DolCeAddicT

Club Guest
Hey guys! I'm about to take delivery of my jap spec coupe on either this coming monday or tuesday after the registration with jpj. i'm just wondering if it's necessary for me to install an after market alarm system for my udm since it doesn't come with one (i assume). How much does it usually cost and is it advisable to do so? Thanks again for all the help guys! :)

i dun think u need to install any alarm lar, coz udm is unstealable........didnt notice y so many UDM kena carjack meh coz they cannot steal mar, kakaka

I see...thanks bro mouse. If that's the case, i guess it's better for me to spend my money on the mods then.

It is safer to have a good alarm system installed especially anti theft system for all doors and bonet. No need the sound alarm as it is almost usless.

Have a good installer custom a Cobra system for you... not just install.

How much will a system like that cost in the market? And what makes a udm unstealable anyways?

DolCeAddicT;193009 said:
How much will a system like that cost in the market? And what makes a udm unstealable anyways?

urm.. here's my take on alarms...

1) The newer BMW(1996 above, i think) should have the ori immobiliser and alarm system installed. The chip is in the key. Unless someone tampered with it.. please check. Make sure you get all the ori ig. keys when they hand over to you.

2) If u do decide to install, make sure u go to a proper BMW installer not any niamah guys coz.. you gonna get niamah work and then you really NIAMAH liao. Bite the bullet, get the quality, avoid the hassle and ECU bungkus.

3) Actually, Mr. Tikus got gooood point. The niamah guys will hijack not steal coz.. really the newer UDM is almost theft proof.

4) But in a nushell, any Niamah Guy can steal the UDM if they want to. I believe no alarm system is foolproof, only delay how long for the Niamah Guy to access your ignition and drive away.

Thanks sesat! I'll shop around in the mean time and see what are the good and recommended systems out there. :)

Any comments from other gurus out there?

dun add any alarm system into your current ride.. you will have a lot of problems.

if it doesnt come with alarm as stock, i would think u may as well save the monies. as a lead, 2 of my pal just paid a hefty RM900 to AB for each duplicate key as one lost his and the other got his spoilt. after checking and verifying with tons of locksmith and udm dealers, we come to a conclusion that it's almost impossible remake the ori key even if u have a spare as copy-base. though one may still gain access to the interior by breaking the glasses.

calyon;193169 said:
if it doesnt come with alarm as stock, i would think u may as well save the monies. as a lead, 2 of my pal just paid a hefty RM900 to AB for each duplicate key as one lost his and the other got his spoilt. after checking and verifying with tons of locksmith and udm dealers, we come to a conclusion that it's almost impossible remake the ori key even if u have a spare as copy-base. though one may still gain access to the interior by breaking the glasses.

bikin lekat itu chip kat iggy point lerr.... macam mana buat.. i tak tahu coz i sesat ...tapi mungkin boleh..... :D sape ade cuba?

pussy;193146 said:
dun add any alarm system into your current ride.. you will have a lot of problems.

bila En. tikus dan En. kucing sama-sama bersetuju tentu ada maksud lerrr..... :D

DolCeAddicT;193009 said:

Dude.. looks like the registration bit turned out well at JPJ? Good for you :)

Anyway, I've checked.. an alarm system/immobilizer cost anywhere from RM600 - RM2000 at most accessory shops.

However, the guys here are probably right.. don't just let any idi*t temper with your car. If it gives you peace of mind to have one installed and you really must then at least give it to a BM speciallist.. ;)

Thanks guys for all the replies! I guess i'd just leave the car as it is and spend my money on a set of mtech2 and angel eyes instead! :)

And yeah jason, the registration turned out well at JPJ today and i had the dealer do some touching up on the interior,etc again before taking delivery tomorrow.

Thanks again guys for all the advice! :)

Top Bottom