aircond air flow & cabin filter 318i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anthonyhor

Club Guest
Hi all, I'm driving a e46 318i pre-facelift... recently found out that the aircond air flow quite low even if turn on to maximum (can hear the blower working but air flow really dont match the sound produced) , my usual mechanic (ZF auto penang) told me that it's the cooling coil somehow clog, the fix need to take off the whole dashboard and will take time... anyone had experienced similar things with me?

As for the cabin filter, does it only filter the air coming from outside of the cabin, and will not filter the air inside the cabin if air is set to circulate within the cabin?
Anyone knows where i can get good brand cabin filter replacements (mann, hengst) in malaysia? How much will it cost?

Lack of airflow for AC can be due to 2 things.
1. Cooling coil is clogged (never change cabin filter)
2. Cooling coil is freeze up usually after a while in operation (again cause by dirty cooling coil)

To rectify required that the front dashboard to be remove completely to access the cooling coil. Some workshop will required 2 days to do the work. I know one shop who can do this work in half a day. (shop is located in Jalan Gasing, PJ near KWSP)

No, keeping always in recirculation mode does not mean that outside air does will not come in.
Our aircon is program to "once in awhile" to open to outside air to allow you some fresh air.

Cabin filter can be bought all all spare part shop that deal in BMW like Auto Bavaria, Bromin, Bavaria Auto etc.

if thats the case, i have actually recently installed a double din dvd player (accessories shop worker helped me to cut the plastics inside the dash to fit it in, so will it ruin the installation by any means?

anthonyhor said:
if thats the case, i have actually recently installed a double din dvd player (accessories shop worker helped me to cut the plastics inside the dash to fit it in, so will it ruin the installation by any means?
I have install many double dine DVD player before and I have never have to cut any plastic inside the dash.

To answer your question, NO but You still have to remove the DVD player as some of the retaining screw are under the DVD player.

Top Bottom