Air Bag Light On...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

drmalvin

Club Guest
Hi there Pros.....I got a new problem now....For past few weeks my Air Bag Lights had been blinking on and of at times.... Yesterday after traveling for long distance to Johor..... Park my car overnite.... The next morning my the lights came on permanently and did not go off.... Now it is on throughout after starting the engine and lights goes off only after turning the engine off.... e46 318 2.0 engine 2002 facelift model.... Any one can help resolve my problem .... thank you.....

Maybe one of the sensors gone. Check the error code and maybe you wil know which one is failing. either the one on the driver side or the passanger side.

u have to get GT1 to identify the fault, try to erase it first, but if it still comes back, then maybe need to change some sensors such as seat belt tensioner or the module either below the driver or passanger seat

Thank u very much mouse.... I will send it to my mechanic to check this problem out.... Well, how is your car now..... How is auto rx on your car.... Does it still consume engine oil??

drmalvin;367692 said:
Thank u very much mouse.... I will send it to my mechanic to check this problem out.... Well, how is your car now..... How is auto rx on your car.... Does it still consume engine oil??
i think u got the wrong person lar coz i never use auto rx before and my car dont consume engine oil because the engine still perform like a virgin with tight tolerance between them :top:

It's a common e46 problem.

I'm told it's usually the driver's seat - either the sensor cable or the sensor itself which is a pretty expensive fix .... :(

Sorry mouse for asking the wrong question to u ... i must have mistaken u with someone else.... And thanks karyong for the info regarding the AIR bag lights.... i will get it fix soon ....

Air bag lights fixed

Air Bag lights fixed by my mechanic... He used OBD and reset it....... now lights off... All for free.... thanks guys.......

drmalvin;369097 said:
Air Bag lights fixed by my mechanic... He used OBD and reset it....... now lights off... All for free.... thanks guys.......

Did he just by-pass the faulty sensor or actually fixed the problem ? If the former, then the problem is still there but just not lighted up.

But I remember my mech did tell me once that the airbag will still deploy during a serious collision even with the fault light on ....

My mechanic said he reset ted it and if the lights come on again the the sensors need to be changed and yes he said the airbags will deploy on collision despite the lights on..... u are right bro.....thanks

you are lucky, the mechanic where i buy my car, they charge me rm50 just to eliminate the same problem. after they promise not to slaughter their car buyer. i think he just take 2 minute to settle the problem, then ask me to pay rm50. SOB

Can Trey .... sure i would like to introduce my mech to u.... but where u stay ..... he lives in pandan indah and also his shop is there.... but let me tell u he is a simple guy ... his shop got only bmw and merc cars which he does ... he said he can count that only he service 5 malaysian made protons.... one thing is that he does not give his workers to do bmw and merc cars... he repairs and do himself only.... so u have to be patience coz he has many cars too.... he does not trust his co-workers to do continental cars.... but let me tell u he is good ya.... most of my e46 problems he has solved and he gives the best advice too.... just let me know if u stay near by here i can give u his details bro or i can take u there myself..........

Call ALBERT FANG 0122017792..... PANDAN INDAH .... NEAR STEVEN CORNER RESTAURANT.... HE IS 24 HOURS ON CALL FOR REPAIRS MATE.... TELL HIM DR MALVIN RECOMMENDED AND ALL TAKEN CARE OFF DUDE.... HAVE FUN WITH YOUR UDM.... CHEEERS!

Top Bottom