Advise 335i vs 320d vs 630i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Atreides

Dear sifus.... I drove one of my friend 325i E92 and loved the stering feel of the E90.

Was thinking of either of these models and need some opinion

1) 335i E92
PRO - great tuneable engine for future
CONS - reliability issues, many prefacelift with the old idrive system

Question:
1. I have seen some 335i with DCT. Was there an official DCT version for 335i? Or was it upgraded from the normal 6 speed auto? Is DCT more reliable than the normal gearbox?

2. HPFP problem. How often to change and how much it cost to repair?

3. 2 engine were made. Should i go for the N54 or N55 version? Heard N54 has more problem but its easier to tune

2) 630i
PRO - the last of the 6 cyclinder 3000cc, a head turner even if driven today, more reliable than 335i
CONS - not many troubleshooting and support alike E90, no many facelift version around, rear seat uncomfortable unlike 335i

3) 320d
PRO - torque at low rev, great mileage
CONS - 180Hp unlike the other two

Am a DIY junkie and am looking for smtg for occasional long daily drives with possibly track in the future.

What is your advise? I can probably set aside 5 to 10K a year for maintenance + repair work?

Thanks sifus for your advise

Since you mentioned for possible track day.... the 335i E92 makes the most sense here.

Since you mentioned for possible track day.... the 335i E92 makes the most sense here.
hi f10 crew.... thanks for the insight.... do you reckon getting the dct or without dct.... is dct much reliable than the usual 6 speed auto?

i cant find much information on dct with n54 engine.... most dct appears to be facelifted version on n55....

its pretty hard to get those with dct locally, since the updates were on the newer n55 engines. the zf gb is a reliable one still, being mated to the n54. if possible, post 2010 production cars might fancy u, but hard to find. there was once a unit for sale in here few years back though......

its pretty hard to get those with dct locally, since the updates were on the newer n55 engines. the zf gb is a reliable one still, being mated to the n54. if possible, post 2010 production cars might fancy u, but hard to find. there was once a unit for sale in here few years back though......
thanks gendong... indeed thats a lot of help.... i am in no rush to buy yet... will scout around.... will surely bump back once i get my hands on one... :)

just realised that i posted this thread 2 years ago and never updated it

i got myself a 2010 335i DCT (after a test drove session). am loving it to bits now.

thanks for the suggestion F10 crew & gendong. no regrets with this e92

just realised that i posted this thread 2 years ago and never updated it

i got myself a 2010 335i DCT (after a test drove session). am loving it to bits now.

thanks for the suggestion F10 crew & gendong. no regrets with this e92

Congrats on your acquisition bro! Do share some pics of your sweet ride. (Need some inspiration here hehehe)

Top Bottom