Advice Needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Rosenmontag

Club Guest
FolksI am new to the forum...I drive an E46 318i/2000 model. I find the original sound system to be rather outdated, inadequate and without the ability to play mp3 format.I was told by some that I should not try to replace the original OEM system as it would mess up the wiring & circuitry. Obviously looking at this section, the advices were wrong. However I would like to seek your advices in dos and dont's in changing the sound system.Many thanks in advance..

I believe that you've already browse thru all the earlier post in regards to the ICE upgrades. Ther's nothing new to it ...
All came down to music preference and BUDGET the rest is mostly jargon and technical knowledge where you'll get to know once you dive into this ICE thing.
For our ride, I find that every item in the car is the weak link, not just the HU, speaker or cables. But you'll have a choice on where to start, what to change and what not.
Example, the front mid can fit only 5" for the E46 (others can correct me if I'm wrong here), so you can fit up to this size only, any bigger size will need modification or cutting, are you okay with it.
Where to start:
1. Talk to few friends who are already in ICE, get their opinion and help. Mention what you're looking foor in the sound dept. What kind of set-up (passive/active) simple front and sub are all round. 2 channel 4 channel
2. Budget, after 1 you will know what kind of budget needed or whether you want to go with that budget.
3. Friends who are already into ICE can also help you to save money (from my experience) most of the product are quoted at high price of which you can actually get it way cheaper if you know a few installers.
4. Also find a good installers. There've been already a few mentioned inside this thread.

Hope this help. The rest of the guys might want to add..

Hi Yoke Thanks...

My concern is more on the feasibility rather than the technical details. Since it seems that changing the audio system in an E46 is not an issue, then I will talk to a few friends to get their advices.

If other forumers can also contribute their inputs, I will be very grateful....

Top Bottom