Advice Needed for Light Modification for E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PCW

Club Guest
Dear sifus and taikos,Advice needed, as I am a newbie just got my E36, 328i, 1998 model about a month back. I am currently thinking of doing some light modification to my new toy.Would really appreciate if some of you can advice me the followings;1). Thinking of lowering my ride, as currently I am running on original suspension, the gap between my front tyres and the wheel arch is about 4 fingers, what would be the best thing to do to lower my ride? Currently I am running on 17 inch rims.Install sport springs and try to get used to it and then later on install adjustable shocks? I don`t hope to compromise the comfort of my ride too much? If so, which spring is best recommended? And where is the best place to get it and what is the price I should expect (limited budget)? After lowering, to my preferred height of about 2 fingers gap will it kena the humps and will my undercarriage suffer scratches when I enter basement carparks?2). I came across, magazines that advertises ecu remapping , is it advisable to do this, will it have any impacts on my engine? Has anyone done it before? Or, what is the best and most efficient way of increasing the power of my ride? Exhaust system would it help? which brand and type would help to increase the responsiveness of the car, and where can I get reasonably priced exhaust systems?Thank you all in advance for advising.

1) H&R springs with bilstein yellow; or black if you old man like me.

2) swap ur inlet manifold to a 325i one. if got money still, buy a set of headers.

Dear Mizhan,

Thanks alot for your advice, H& R spring and bilstein yellow, how much would it set me back?So, the ride will not be too hard?

Also for the swap for inlet manifold and a set of headers,will the power difference be noticeable?How much wil this costs?

Thanks alot

Top Bottom