Advice Needed: Brake Lights Staying On

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

YK9

Club Guest
Hi all,Just discovered a new problem yesterday. Car is E46 M54 engine year 2001. The 3 brake lights of the car stayed on even when the car is stopped and the key is taken out. But everything is back to normal when the car is started. For the time being, the bulbs were temporarily taken out.Anyone has experienced this before and advice on how to rectify is much appreciated.Thank you.

IMHO brake switch below your brake pedal seems to be jammed .... OR your brake calipers are being released upon steeping on the brakes...needs servicing

ICEMAN 68;850643 said:
IMHO brake switch below your brake pedal seems to be jammed .... OR your brake calipers are being released upon steeping on the brakes...needs servicing

Thank you Iceman for the useful advice....am sending it over for servicing tomorrow...

- - - Updated - - -

ICEMAN 68;850643 said:

Thank you Iceman for the useful advice....am sending it over for servicing tomorrow...

Sent the car for checking and found the problem is with the faulty light control module (the panel where you switch on/off your lights)
Was told that a new module costs around RM2k anda used one less than RM1k. However, if to install a used one, the there'll be a tamper dot shown next to the mileage at the odometer. I can confirmed this as my car was tested using one. S

After doing some research, found that the light control module is a coded device that is unique to a car. That's the reason why the tampered dot appeared.
Also found that this can be overcome by using a BMW scanner to code the VIN and mileage to a used device.

Did anyone experience or has done this before? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Sent the car for checking and found the problem is with the faulty light control module (the panel where you switch on/off your lights)
Was told that a new module costs around RM2k anda used one less than RM1k. However, if to install a used one, the there'll be a tamper dot shown next to the mileage at the odometer. I can confirmed this as my car was tested using one. S

After doing some research, found that the light control module is a coded device that is unique to a car. That's the reason why the tampered dot appeared.
Also found that this can be overcome by using a BMW scanner to code the VIN and mileage to a used device.

Did anyone experience or has done this before? Thanks.

Waaaa....i was thinking the tamper dot comes on only when the mileage is tampered with.
Amyways....i have replaced my instrument cluster before and the tamper dot appeared but i managed to make it go away using the pa soft 140 scanner...how i kenot remember but the steps are avail on the net...

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Moots, do you remember where you did that or which workshop that used the pa soft 140 scanner?

Errmmm....did it at home bro....diy

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom