Adding USB to AUX input to F10 Centre Console

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Rick1

I have a 2011 Japanese spec F10 that has no USB input in the AUX input in the centre console. I am told that to have this facility (I have all my music on thumb drive and want to listen to it in the car) it needs a major change. Has anyone done this mod and can they recommend any one that can do it for me? Thanks

Hi Jarance, many thanks for this. I understand if the USB connector is installed then it can be accessed through the i-drive, the aux port only allows a device to be played through the speakers without any control. I think my understanding is correct. Ultimately I would like to have the USB port that is accessed through the i-drive. This is not there at this time.

Many thanks

Hi Jarance, many thanks for this. I understand if the USB connector is installed then it can be accessed through the i-drive, the aux port only allows a device to be played through the speakers without any control. I think my understanding is correct. Ultimately I would like to have the USB port that is accessed through the i-drive. This is not there at this time.

Many thanks

The aux port allow the signal from your phone to be played. It will magnified the sound. You can either control the volume via your phone or the Head unit.
Maybe you can use the USB to charge your phone.

Top Bottom