AC Problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
My AC's been acting up again, it was behaving for the past month and now its starting to sprout a brain of its own. First thing off is the heater blower doesnt seem to want to sleep even after i turn off the car and remove the ignition, so after reading a couple of posts i thought it was the FSU that needed changing, bought a brand new one from bav auto and swapped it in and my blower was still running, went back to bav auto...begged for another unit just in case the earlier unit they gave me was faulty...swapped it out and again the blower still ran.....sigh...Funny thing is my AC controls are totally dead...there is no display and the buttons dont function, only the heater blower seems to be running. I've tried to remove the batter +ve terminal and left the car for a bit and reconnected again but still same problem. I'm now driving around with the AC fuse (fuse #9) removed and with no AC...anyone have this problem before?I've change the FSU twice so i dont think its caused by the FSU but the symptoms seems to be awfully similar to the ones being described by the other posts....need help....

U need to change the HVAC..I changed mine b4..Redbaron should has one..

bro bmw7833...wats a HVAC? what does that stand for? how much did it cost you to change it? did you change a new unit or old unit? Thanks buddy...

The control module i meant..I changed mine 2nd for rm1000 (can be cheaper actually)..New one might cost u rm2000..

RM1k? fuhhhh...and its 2nd hand? gosh..my mech actually just called me...told me that after changing the AC control module, my AC is okay alraedy..but the cost of the 2nd hand unit is rm800...not really sure whats the condition as I've not seen it yet.

Redbaron has a spare unit?

Thanks for the info BMW7833...have sent redbaron and email..

My mech has changed my climate control unit and my AC springs back to life, but the problem is that the unit he changed for me is one built back in 98 and the unit is my car is from 2002, the part numbers are different. Also it seems that the 98 unit cant really control some of the functions in my car such as the temp control is inaccurate and the blower speed will change by itself and the rear demister doesnt function and the air recycle function doesnt work, all these functions were working fine before my original CCU died...craps...

Now looking for a replacement used CCU made in the year 2002....hoping and praying can get one......

Finally managed to get a CCU replacement that works fine...but the damage was really keng..much more than wat bmw7833 paid...wonder if i am getting ripped off by my mech, guess its time to change mech's...

Top Bottom