About to Buy a E39 525i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Herbert

Hi bros,Tomorrow I am sigining on the dotted line to buy a E39 525i local AB model registered in 2002. I have also checked the VIN and confirmed it was manufactured in Dec 2001. This afternoon, sent the car to workshop for checks and quite a number of items has to be replaced. After much nego with the used car dealer, he will pay for the repairs. Another item I need to replace is the front & rear absorbers which I have to pay for it. Do I replace it with the original absorbers or get the Bilstein or Sach?? Thanks.

Do you mind telling the mileage and price? Just would like to know the current open market price.

herbert;458553 said:
Hi bros,

Tomorrow I am sigining on the dotted line to buy a E39 525i local AB model registered in 2002. I have also checked the VIN and confirmed it was manufactured in Dec 2001. This afternoon, sent the car to workshop for checks and quite a number of items has to be replaced. After much nego with the used car dealer, he will pay for the repairs.

Another item I need to replace is the front & rear absorbers which I have to pay for it. Do I replace it with the original absorbers or get the Bilstein or Sach??

Thanks.

At last you found your dream maching bro. Congrats.

As for absorbers, i changed mine to OEM Boge, works equally well. But if you plan to lower your ride, blistein should be favourable.

Hi Champion,

Past 3 weeks I wnet through all the adverts and to many used car dealers (Ampang, Sunway, Cheras etc) to check out the E39s. Was actually deciding hard whether to buy the 520i (local AB) 2003 or the 525i (local AB) 2002 as both are priced the same. Finally after test driven both cars, 525i is the obvious.

How much did you pay for your OEM Boge?? Other than the absorber, do I also need to replace other associated items for the suspension system??

herbert;458636 said:
Hi Champion,

How much did you pay for your OEM Boge?? Other than the absorber, do I also need to replace other associated items for the suspension system??

You should check the wheel bearings ,bushing, arms, spring pads, absorber mounting to see whether it is still in good condition.

If all other parts are working well, no changed needed, however I did have my absorbers dampers changed. I bought only the rear abs, a pair cost around RM830 at BA Subang.

If you can share with all, how much you bought yout 525 for ?

Bilstein B12 suspension kit Sports and Comfort package very Awesome at 200km/h corner baring your car will stick like elephant glue to the tar mack or Eibach ProKIt Springs with Bilstein B8 then the Rim to 18'......and advisable to change absorber mountings

bimmer73;458841 said:
Bilstein B12 suspension kit Sports and Comfort package very Awesome at 200km/h corner baring your car will stick like elephant glue to the tar mack or Eibach ProKIt Springs with Bilstein B8 then the Rim to 18'......and advisable to change absorber mountings

This morning went to Auto-Bavaria Sg Besi to check service record of the 525i. The SC showed me all the service details from 2002 to 2008 and I came out feeling pretty good (at least I now know the car has been fully maintained by AB and no accident) and ready to sign on the dotted lines with the dealer.

Car will be send to workshop tomorrow for repairs & service plus paint shop for touch up and polish. After that to the tire shop for new rims and tires.

bimmer73;458841 said:

Car still not in his possession already so fast got racun :rock:

What to do after spending few weeks reading all the racun racun from the sifus here, so now me already kena the racun. Went to Continental tire shop at Sg Besi and the woner was trying to sell me second-hand Taiwan BMW 18 inch rim for RM1,500. Then quoted me 245/40/18 Dunlop Sport Max at RM660 per pc. what do the sifus here think?? Another forumer offered me used E60 520i rims but told me that E39 cannot fit and need to make E60 rim's centre hole slightly bigger.

For the benefit of all members, I paid RM95K for my ride, don't know whether good or bad buy but I got a good trade in price for my Accord. Plus dealer has to absorb the repair bill of about RM5K.

herbert;458855 said:
This morning went to Auto-Bavaria Sg Besi to check service record of the 525i. The SC showed me all the service details from 2002 to 2008 and I came out feeling pretty good (at least I now know the car has been fully maintained by AB and no accident) and ready to sign on the dotted lines with the dealer.QUOTE]

bro..how much they charge you?
did Auto-Bavaria Sg Besi can check service record for recond model?
any contact number?

Mtigo;458904 said:
herbert;458855 said:
This morning went to Auto-Bavaria Sg Besi to check service record of the 525i. The SC showed me all the service details from 2002 to 2008 and I came out feeling pretty good (at least I now know the car has been fully maintained by AB and no accident) and ready to sign on the dotted lines with the dealer.QUOTE]

bro..how much they charge you?
did Auto-Bavaria Sg Besi can check service record for recond model?
any contact number?

Auto-Bavaria will only provide this type of record check for BMWs sold by them REPEAT only sold by Auto-Bavaria and the service is free. So recond model cannot check lah.

Aisay bro u made a big mistake of buying E39 lar. Later u will feel other car like kancil except E38 lar. Oso you will never buy other Japs car ie Accord, Camry. Oso you will spend a lot on petrol coz you cant stop driving it everyday & long distance. Oso you'll feel the car very slow one at 160kmh & below on highway.:rolleyes:
Another big mistake is u shouldn't buy 525 lar instead buy 540 or ///M5:listen:

[video=youtube;A5Ef_3ON0u4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Ef_3ON0u4[/video]

Bro, why you still feed me more racun from the You tube.....all modifications very nice.

Good buy bro.
My sincere advice is, ready in your pocket another rm10 to 15k for repair. Its quite nobody who will sell their bimmer unless the car started to visit workshop more freguently, and with longer bill. If you're ready with that amount, u'll be no regret owning u're bimmer. Its the only car model that won best in class award thru out its production life.

What are the parts that the car dealer is paying for? Suspension parts especially the lower/upper arms, steering rack is costly to repair.
Fuel pump + float is almost 1500.

herbert, may i know which workshop u send your 525 to checkup? are they good/affordable ?
i am planning to get myself an E39 525i also :)

Top Bottom