About to buy a 2008 E93

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

TomBangkok

Hi All,

Thanks for having me in this forum, much appreciated. I live in Thailand where the local forums are all in Thai, which I can't read, so I'm glad to have found Bimmerfest.

So, I'm quite close to buy this 2008 325 E93, with 80k km on the meter. Is there anything special I should look at when taking the car for a testdrive?
Thai second hand car dealers have been known to tweak odo's on older cars, how sure can I be that the 80k km are true? I will have a good look at the upholstery wear, pedals etc.

I'm really a newbie when it comes to BMW, but has the front/rear bumper been replaced? I'm thinking that a previous owner wanted a M3 look, I'm having those 4 pipes replaced to a 2 pipe system, as this is too much "rocket" for me.

Oh, I've heard about some mod box that can be installed, enables roof operation at slow speed. Anybody know the name of this little box?

Thanks a lot for any input!

Tom

Attachments

• gallery_used-car-one2car-bmw-3-series-325ci-convertible-thailand_2039424_Atn24mURLMfSbCtrpxnAhP.jpg
    gallery_used-car-one2car-bmw-3-series-325ci-convertible-thailand_2039424_Atn24mURLMfSbCtrpxnAhP.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 9
  • gallery_used-car-one2car-bmw-3-series-325ci-convertible-thailand_2039424_gEidlXc0umYdJzwdOcBdfR.jpg
    gallery_used-car-one2car-bmw-3-series-325ci-convertible-thailand_2039424_gEidlXc0umYdJzwdOcBdfR.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
Welcome TomBangkok

Best person to refer to would be our CM Soulfood who is a proud owner of the E93 335.
For the mileage normally most BMW workshop will have the Diagnosis tool which can produce the service history. From the service history or on each service reset you can gauge how much is the actual millage.

Most will probably charge for it but if it gives you a peace of mind then do it. else normally when buying a second hand car first thing i would normally do is to replace all the necessary wear and tear parts especially the hoses and cooling systems.

Even so assuming the car millage is actual, it is actually close to the mark where major service is due already.

Cheers

P/s Do come join our bimmerfest just contact any of our CM and i am sure they will host you.

Top Bottom