528i M Sport in Workshop for a Week

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

romeo_v12

Club Guest
I came back from Singapore last sunday and my 2 month old F10 with 2000+kms was idling oddly, going up and down between 500 - 800 rpm. As I drove out on Monday, the car slowed down and the 4 axle sign and caution light came on with instruction to drive slowly and call service centre. Luckily I was not on the highway with my family.I dropped the car in AB Tun Razak last Tuesday and they have not been able to resolve my issue. Apparently their diagnostic stated to change Valvetronic Motor but even after changing the part that came from Singapore and reloading the software, the problem still occurs.On Friday AB has informed me that they have called in BMW Malaysia experts to resolve the issue, hopefully on Monday. Apparently a 523i came in as well with a similar problem but was resolved quickly with the replacement of a few sensors.A true way to spoil ones BMW new car experience. Anyone had this issue before?Wish me luck Bros.Regards,

That's really worry! Mine clocked 13,000km and didn't give me any problems.

Good luck bro Romeo! So sorry to hear about the bad experience :( - maybe our ERP cocked up the sensors (just kidding). Hope it gets fixed soon!

Hope it gets sorted out quick bro, i feel your pain! Really potong when stuff like this happens..

Thanks Guys,

I have been made to understand that its an issue with the DME and 2 units at AB Glenmarie have had the same issue, both replaced DME. Funny enough this is an issue with the 528i's only....for now.

Cheers

Romeo

People,

Final analysis after one week in AB KL is the car's DME(ECU) is malfunctioning. Idele speed is now stable byt warning lights appear on screen. Funny enough there is a 523i there now with the same problem but worse, unable to start car. New DME orders come from Germany only after verification by BMW Malaysia. (must be mahal lah). 7-10 days to deliver, 2 days to do coding and pasang. Then hopefully as good as new.

Cheers

Romeo

Quick Update,

Picked up my car yesterday, after they changed new DME(ECU). Perfect now. 2 other cars had their DME's changed as well, a 523i and a 535i. Birth defect apparently.

Thanks to the guys at AB Tun Razak for regular updates and for the curtesy car.

Cheers and Merry Xmax everyone. Be safe and happy holidays.

Romeo

Glad to know it has been sorted out..but why on earth could this thing happen to a new car? Lets hope this is not a familiar case with F10..

Enjoy your ride and merry xmas to u too

Thanks mate.

Sorry to hear some of our other brothers are experiencing similar issues now. New DME(ECU) is the only way.

Cheers

Romeo

Top Bottom