5 Series Door Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GMENG

Club Guest
I'm having this problem of squeking sound at the door for my new 5 Series. When I sent to AB this afternoon, there was another car also having the same problem but at different door. Mine happened at the rear left door. That guy's problem was with the front door. Seemed that it happened due to insufficient lubricant applied to the door lining causing it to have some leakage thus squeking sound when the car is in motion. Those having similar problem should send back to the dealer for repair. Not a good QC control at BMW factory it seemed.

Hey braders,

So sorry about your leakage and squeek problem...

You guys must be pissed off paying as much as you did and your car leaks and squeeks like a 2 month old Wajamacallit!

For the record...my 5 year old E46 leaked too, front left door. Some silly glue issue. Unheard of in all japanese cars!

Sad but true...we are paying for the badge.

Cheers!!

Romeo

Originally posted by GMENG@Mar 7 2006, 04:12 PM
I'm having this problem of squeking sound at the door for my new 5 Series. When I sent to AB this afternoon, there was another car also having the same problem but at different door. Mine happened at the rear left door. That guy's problem was with the front door. Seemed that it happened due to insufficient lubricant applied to the door lining causing it to have some leakage thus squeking sound when the car is in motion. Those having similar problem should send back to the dealer for repair. Not a good QC control at BMW factory it seemed.
This is a known problem for a long time, even back in the E39 days.

It's caused by the felt material at the top of the door frame pressing against the body frame. You can experiment by lowering the window very slightly by a couple of mm. The noise will go away.

I had that problem. So what I did was use leather care and applied them to the felt material generously and massaged it in. It's been over 1 year and I have not had any of that problem. Some people used WD40!

I was told it was due to tropical climate we are having. And to avoid this problem they have to apply a special lubricant on the rubber lining but seemed that it was not done properly at the BMW factory here in M'sia. Hope after leaving there for a day would solve the problem if not I'd bring it up to higher authority in Muenchen... :nyehehe:

Originally posted by GMENG@Mar 7 2006, 09:58 PM
I was told it was due to tropical climate we are having. And to avoid this problem they have to apply a special lubricant on the rubber lining but seemed that it was not done properly at the BMW factory here in M'sia. Hope after leaving there for a day would solve the problem if not I'd bring it up to higher authority in Muenchen... :nyehehe:
If you have the problem like I described (do the lowering the window test), then they are talking craps. This problem happens in Europe, US, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia. Even the so called new material that will supposedly fix the problem is not 100% effective.

If it is that problem, save yourself the headache, just do some DIY. Your time is more precious than arguing with clowns. Seriously, it is not a life and death issue. My $0.02.

Even BMWgirl was telling me other day with same problem...New car 2 month old....Shit deal man

Hey guys,

Guess what? i just got the same problem lah the squeking sound passenger side.....hmmmmmmm!!!!! :angry:

Originally posted by BMWgirl@Mar 8 2006, 02:15 PM
Hey guys,

Guess what? i just got the same problem lah the squeking sound passenger side.....hmmmmmmm!!!!! :angry:
SELL and get a E200 Kompressor. Better Value for money.

I recently borrowed a very new CBU BMW 530d (E60) for a day, and I noticed the front passenger door was squeaking too.

That somehow amused me because my 5 year old CKD E46 325i which only costs about half the price of a 530d when new have no such annoying problem.

Another car notorious for squeaking front doors is the Audi A4 of the mid to late 90s (I think it's called the B4).

So much for Teutonic quality.

hmmmm i have never take a bus or taxi, but for lrt twice.....i think its about time i do so lah...less headache!!!! no need to worry abt all this noise...i wonder what else problem is comming up next????

I think these european luxury car manufacturers are taking us for a ride.... I think since Proton can get away with "murder' they'd do likewise... :angry:

Originally posted by wglee@Mar 8 2006, 04:32 PM
So much for Teutonic quality.
Actually it is probably because the car was assembled so tightly that the felt material was rubbing against the car body frame. Some had resorted to adjusting the door frame to get rid of the problem, and it seemed to have worked also.

Disclaimer: I don't work for BMW :lol:

Originally posted by BMWgirl@Mar 8 2006, 04:54 PM
hmmmm i have never take a bus or taxi, but for lrt twice.....i think its about time i do so lah...less headache!!!! no need to worry abt all this noise...i wonder what else problem is comming up next????
Please feel free to park your E60 523i in my house whilst you commute with public transport; I'll be more than happy to keep your car nicely run in and warmed up (cannot let a BMW sit idle too long - not good for the car)! :D

And I don't think I'll mind the noise... :p

Originally posted by BMWgirl@Mar 8 2006, 04:54 PM
This problem is not that big considering other problems especially if it touches the iDrive or the engines. Therefore should continue to use your beautiful UDM. No need to take public transport yet unless it cannot start.... :p

Originally posted by GMENG@Mar 7 2006, 04:12 PM
ahem...lemme do some correction here sorree..ya!

its not 'BMW factory', for what i know...the nearest is in Thailand...that's a factory owned by BMW AG.
but its BMW's authorised third party assembly plant in M'sia.... :D

Top Bottom