3M Crystalline tint?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ck318ci

Club Guest
HiI am thinking of tinting my F10.3M Crystalline series claim the non ceramic film reject heats better and have longer lifespanAny Bros out here using 3M on their ride?What do you guys think ?The price is a killer though.ck

To be honest 3M is a cheaper film compared to Huper Optik. If you want I can recommend you a place to get your whole car done for RM1,650 (3M Crystalline). Personally I'm using Huper Optik.

Huper Optik is OK especially you use smart tag but I do feel the different if you go for V-Kool ... Maybe I'm wrong

I am getting it tint in Singapore. There are rules and regulation for the LTA compliance.
from my brief research on the internet, reviews on the Crystalline series is by far the most positive one..
1650 is cheap! will that be the same as the one in Singapore?
Bro, please PM me the details

Smart Tag not quite applicable to me but more so for ERP in Singapore...

I'm using Huper Optik Sech 60 for my windscreen and so far I don't have problems with Smart Tag :)

i m on it
Not Smart Tag frenly
I still think V kool is better

Which model of huper optik? :) to be honest Vkool elite is more commonly associated with smart tag issues compared to other tints.

aoch88;672146 said:
Which model of huper optik? :) to be honest Vkool elite is more commonly associated with smart tag issues compared to other tints.

My windscreen on Huper Optik also (I think ceramic 70) not very smart tag friendly (only on certain tolls it failed to work). My previous tint was Ecotint & it never fails me.

I have decided... will be 3M crystalline, booked appointment to get it installed on Wednesday....

is security your concern too? If yes, then may have to add security film on top of tint.

i have 3M on my W211 as well. smartag won't work thru it; and i get embarrassed each time i forget that.

When I was driving the W211, I used Smart Tag through the panoramic sunroof hehe, since it has tint.

When I did my 3M tint, they left out a section near the rear view mirror (the area with the black dots along the front windscreen) and it's pretty easy to place your smart tag over the opening and get pass the gates.

I'm using Huper Optik Sech 50 and have no problems with Smart Tag. It's quite odd that some has problems and some not but could it be something else? The Smart Tag device after all? Low battery? lol

Does it make big difference if I dont tint the front windscreen? I already have the OEM grey shade band on top of my f10 windscreen... not sure whether I need the front tint or not..? any advice lads?

It makes a lot of difference tinting the front windscreen. For example on a hot afternoon (particularly in Malaysia), you can't even touch the dashboard because it's amazingly hot like it just came out of the oven. If you had it tinted, you can feel it's warm and this means the heat rejection from the tint works. It also helps the air cond to cool the car faster. You can use a higher VLT for windscreen, i.e. 60 or 70 and have the sides and rear darker.

I met a Ferrari owner who puts his tinting film on the outside!! -To prevent stone chips. Every 9 months he changes the film-costs MR300.

Top Bottom