328 underpowered

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

clovi5

Club Guest
Dear Sifus,My 328 seems to be lacking in power. Tried clocking a 0-100 time it came up to roughly about 10 seconds. Even though its an automatic but I think it should be at about 7.5 to at least 8 seconds range.Did some google-ing and found an old thread discussing the same thing as well.http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-26872.htmlSo after reading it, below are the possible solutions- Faulty MAF sensor- Faulty O2 sensor- Faulty Knock Sensor- Faulty Cam Sensor- Vanos Timing (gonna change the vanos seal soon for this at least)- Some actually say exhaust stuck? Though i did find out that the right exhaust outlet seems to have more flow than the left. Could this be the reason?- Change throttle Cable- Possible pressure leak in the cylinder. - Could it be the oil used? Previous owner said that he used Castrol Magnatec 5w 40 for the car.- Or could be the gearbox itself. Already did a auto transmission fluid change (5 litres) but I kinda doubt that 5 litres actually went in into the gearbox. Could it be because it's not having enough fluid inside? The gearbox on its own is having problem actually. As discussed in this thread. http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?42974-E36-gear-transition-problem/page2Most advice to find a reputable mechanic. I've been to M1 Motor in Kayu Ara to have my gearbox diagnosed. But wasn't happy with the mechanic as he seems to make fun of the BMWCM members when I told him I wanted to change the vanos seal as recommended by many of the members here.That left me with a few workshops in mind to fix this. Mspeed - Changed my rear absorber and front brake disc and pads there. Pretty good service. Though I kinda have a feeling that its quite pricey when i compared some of the prices in the maintenance thread.BM World - Previous owner (Mike) recommends to go there. He said Ah Wai is very good.WP Auto - Lots of forum members gives good feedback for Albert as well.Anybody in the same situation as well? What's your 0-100 time? Automatic only please :p

1st thing you need to do bro is to hook your car up with bmw diagnostic machine (GT1 and etc) and see what fault codes appear ...

The last time i diagnose the car with my regular mechanic (Hup Seng), not sure whether he was using a GT1 or not (it was black box) but the engine showed no problem. But I may be wrong. Will send the car to the mechanic again next weekend. Will try either WP Auto or BM World this time..

Top Bottom