320D Premium Selection

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gamenoob

Club Guest
Hi allWas checking out the BMW.my site and saw a less than 1 year old 320D for about 210+K.. I believe this is not the upgraded engine with 184bhp..This is without idrive and me being complete noob on BMW config and details, not sure what else come with it.Can't find much 320D on used for now as its fairly new... so no idea of used pricing reference.What you all reckon? May be I should drive over and pop for a test drive...

If around one year ago then it must be the original version with M-Sport goodies.

Go ahead and test drive the car. Let see if you are smitten like the some of us here :)

gamenoob;603446 said:
Hi all

Was checking out the BMW.my site and saw a less than 1 year old 320D for about 210+K.. I believe this is not the upgraded engine with 184bhp..

This is without idrive and me being complete noob on BMW config and details, not sure what else come with it.

Can't find much 320D on used for now as its fairly new... so no idea of used pricing reference.

What you all reckon? May be I should drive over and pop for a test drive...

I dont think the upgraded will be much of a difference over time but you'll surely never look back and regret it!! You'll be one of those diesel convert who can lick most petrol head with ease

Actually I lick fair amount of "petrol head" between 70-140km/h, more so on naik bukit...with my Triton diesel truck...

I can only imagine the orgasmic wave on the torque pull from my truck to a much LIGHTER and BETTER handling sedan...and extra BHP too.. ie the 320D...yummy . :rock::rock:

And with great FC to boot too....

150+BHP and 350+ Nm on a 2 tonnes truck... and put that on 1/3 lighter sedan and more BHP and Torque....and better handling,.. one can have the cake and eat it too...

Which is the reason why I refrain from testing until now... and with F30 coming, I'm looking for a good deal on the E90

Dat's what I wanna say, u better be prepared when u go test drive a 320d.
That car will keep coming up in ur mind all the time when u r free....:wink:
Till u start calculating & trying to justify ur purchase, "follow me to the dark side..." it says...
hehehe...:dancing2:

It took me a while & effort to calm my emotion down & fix my next course of action....

Its hard to say no to the 320d....the only real competitor is the 520d...which will be out in few months time...

Can I be frank... VERY FRANK!!! I should not have even ask about the 320D with you all, less so even listening to suggestion of test driving one....:love::love::burnout:(*&^%^&*(*&^%&*!!!!! bloody poison still in my brain as I'm typing this....

I did just that this morning.... in the midst of CHINESE NEW YEAR EVE!!!!

Somehow I veer to the kedai while jalan jalan and accidently ended up checking out the premium selection. There she is... in the right color exterior and interior wise......

And then the test drive.... and as per Vroom325 say your mind will wander about her again and again!!!!

Asking price of 215k and still have 1+ yrs of warranty and 2+ years of BSRI....(what is this BSRI.. the SA told me is free service package for 36months or 60k km which ever come first) is that what BSRI is about?

I love the low end pull and grunt, handling obviously very nice and the noise insulation was very good (interior wise) although it sounded like a real classic mercedes oil burner taxi when the SA drove the car up for testing. The grunt was good and very very minimal turbo lag.. which only apparent if you on rempit mode but driving a turbo diesel is about riding the torque band more than hard revving....

The 6 speeder ratio are nicely space and even on rapid down shift (2 down at the most given the low rpm range of diesel) it does not lurch heavily ...perhaps I did not rempit hard enough... but I can see the SA grab the seat and door/roof grip all the time... couple of time the SA freak out on some of the twisty... asking me to slow down. After a few round, the SA ask me to rempit again la pulak perhaps she get the feel I'm ok now with the car... The only thing I missed a bit was the paddle shift. Although the shift frequencies is lower, I like to keep my hand on the wheel... It would have been perfect... Now only if BMW come with DSG... (ok most of you will prolly cringe on the words of DSG and BMW.. do you?)

Since this is 320D, it does not have Idrive. Perhaps I dont know much but I doubt it make any differences to my driving experience.

Did not have a chance to reach 6th gear, and I can foresee just how easily this car will cruise at speed limit giving excellent FC...I did not see the rpm at certain speed. I'm very sure its couple of tick over idle on slow cruising of 70-80 in the city. 800-900km per tank full of 50-55liter of oil very very likely!

The SA offer 2.6% for 6-7yrs at 215k. She say still bargain a bit.. but not sure how much. I wonder if Premium Selection have fleet discount? I cant get much price reference on the sub sales market on this 320D...

Final check is wife and kid to see if they ok with the back seat comfort. Although reading in the forum, many say the sports is hard and harsh, its not too bad at all... perhaps I had it worst with my truck now...

gamenoob;603631 said:
The SA offer 2.6% for 6-7yrs at 215k. She say still bargain a bit.. but not sure how much. I wonder if Premium Selection have fleet discount? I cant get much price reference on the sub sales market on this 320D...

Fleet discounts are for new cars only unfortunately. But you can still negotiate the price down even further. I didn't have a choice of used cars when I bought, only overpriced demo cars and pre-reg so I went for the latter.

BMW has dual clutch, their parlance for it is DCT ie. dual clutch transmission. Having experienced it on the Z4 35is I can say that it's every bit as sweet as the best out there. Unfortunately it's only on the M3 and soon the 335i only. I doubt that it'll trickle down to the lower end E90 but it'll most likely be an option for the F30.

In the mean time, 215k with 2.6-2.7% is an excellent deal. I would buy it if I didn't have mine already :D

We are glad we managed to poison your mind gamenob about the superfantabuloslyfantastico 320d....life is short...you need the torque kick to prove to yourself you can drive like a man! Sporty suspension is a little bit on the hard side but that's what keeps you hugging the bends when yiou go flying through the twisty B roads. buy the wife a 10year old Camry and she'll be happy with her Camry's soft but bouncy-as-a-trampoline-suspension and no-feeling lifeless steering wheel. Other models are more expensive and frankly, they don't have that kick-you-back-into-your-seat thrust the 320d torque hits you again and again with. Until the day you can afford the Lambo or the Ferrari with their 6 litres engines, you still can have the same (at lower speeds) fun with the 320d. You will be a very naughty driver I tell you when you buy a 320d. Leave the others smelling your dust. Share you one little secret...(AlBundy shared with me earlier)...slow your 320d down to 10km/hr keeping the other guy just behind your tail, then TEKAN!!!!......they will disappear in the rear-view mirror....they will always want to take you out to the MEX highway....but don't fall for their trap...hee hee....best is get an uphill stretch.... slow down to low RPMs where all your torque firepower waits ready to be unleashed....then TEKAN it man!!! For all the good years in life you still have in you, you owe yourself a 320d. enough of the truck you have, or the Camry(I'm just guessing)...don't even thinkof an unclish C class..unless you are in your 70s and got a bad back and need the soft ride.....cheers bro! Racuned you betul-betul, I hope...! ha ha!!

Doc,hahaha that's what I've been doing with my 320d PE, tekan and tekan..after the toll, after traffic lite, just tekan and see yourself surf pass the other cars..fantastic feeling bro!

bee2;603721 said:
Doc,hahaha that's what I've been doing with my 320d PE, tekan and tekan..after the toll, after traffic lite, just tekan and see yourself surf pass the other cars..fantastic feeling bro!

Not only at the toll bro bee2...on any straight road, PURPOSELY slow down to 10km/hr till the guy chasing you is smelling your bumper, THEN TEKAN!!!!............................rocket blast off.....................

gamenoob;603631 said:
Can I be frank... VERY FRANK!!! I should not have even ask about the 320D with you all, less so even listening to suggestion of test driving one....:love::love::burnout:(*&^%^&*(*&^%&*!!!!! bloody poison still in my brain as I'm typing this....

I did just that this morning.... in the midst of CHINESE NEW YEAR EVE!!!!

Somehow I veer to the kedai while jalan jalan and accidently ended up checking out the premium selection. There she is... in the right color exterior and interior wise......

And then the test drive.... and as per Vroom325 say your mind will wander about her again and again!!!!

Asking price of 215k and still have 1+ yrs of warranty and 2+ years of BSRI....(what is this BSRI.. the SA told me is free service package for 36months or 60k km which ever come first) is that what BSRI is about?

I love the low end pull and grunt, handling obviously very nice and the noise insulation was very good (interior wise) although it sounded like a real classic mercedes oil burner taxi when the SA drove the car up for testing. The grunt was good and very very minimal turbo lag.. which only apparent if you on rempit mode but driving a turbo diesel is about riding the torque band more than hard revving....

The 6 speeder ratio are nicely space and even on rapid down shift (2 down at the most given the low rpm range of diesel) it does not lurch heavily ...perhaps I did not rempit hard enough... but I can see the SA grab the seat and door/roof grip all the time... couple of time the SA freak out on some of the twisty... asking me to slow down. After a few round, the SA ask me to rempit again la pulak perhaps she get the feel I'm ok now with the car... The only thing I missed a bit was the paddle shift. Although the shift frequencies is lower, I like to keep my hand on the wheel... It would have been perfect... Now only if BMW come with DSG... (ok most of you will prolly cringe on the words of DSG and BMW.. do you?)

Since this is 320D, it does not have Idrive. Perhaps I dont know much but I doubt it make any differences to my driving experience.

Did not have a chance to reach 6th gear, and I can foresee just how easily this car will cruise at speed limit giving excellent FC...I did not see the rpm at certain speed. I'm very sure its couple of tick over idle on slow cruising of 70-80 in the city. 800-900km per tank full of 50-55liter of oil very very likely!

Final check is wife and kid to see if they ok with the back seat comfort. Although reading in the forum, many say the sports is hard and harsh, its not too bad at all... perhaps I had it worst with my truck now...

c.... gamenoob, I told ya! Chill... calm down... I've been through that...
But, take the deal it's time for u to change to another car.

Lol, glad to see an active oil burner community here. Love my D to bits. Now my poor E39 is just lazing around at home cos his new sibling is hogging all the owner's time :p

E39er;603757 said:
Lol, glad to see an active oil burner community here. Love my D to bits. Now my poor E39 is just lazing around at home cos his new sibling is hogging all the owner's time :p

Its such a great car the D. Unfortunately, people are still rooted in their old ways of thinking when it comes to diesel engines...sad but their lost!!

docrayboy;603774 said:
Its such a great car the D. Unfortunately, people are still rooted in their old ways of thinking when it comes to diesel engines...sad but their lost!!

True. I still get comments like "doesn't the black smoke bother you?" or "doesn't the noise irritate you?" My simple answer: No its bothers and irritates the others!

Thats why lor, not prestige outlook to others. We buy BMW for prestige also.

cool down guys...diesels are prestigious too...the E90 is a handsome car....so is your red 328i meetoo...we are all brothers here...bmwclub brothers...so chill.

Top Bottom