320D performance Exhaust Review

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

carlsson

Club Guest
Just to share with you guys my thoughts on the Exhaust for the Diesel Dragon.Couldnt wait till Saturday, so I dropped by Eurotuner yesterday afternoon to hook up the 320D exhaust. One thing is for sure, its looks like a beaut, and I was dying to put it on.Took it to the shop with Calvin, waited for 30 mins, and started her up.....was pretty bummed! sadly, due to the fact our engine is Diesel, and a turbo to boot, there was barely any noise coming from the exhaust, albeit a bit of a burble. When you floor it, you will definitely hear it much more raspier, but the sound was mostly drowned by the engine clatter. The only way to get a decent sound out of it will probably be to cut the mid resonator and skin the cat, however, doing so will void the warranty, and Ive heard issues of the check light coming up and sending the car into limp mode due to the cat being skinned.On the flip side, driving the car feels even better! It feels that a lot more has been unlocked, especially on higher speeds, throttle is lighter and car takes off quite nicely. Plus, the look of if on the car is great, i'll post pics later. However, people behind me will eating smoke literally from time to time..hahaha..Regards,Carlsson

Nice one Carlsson. I'm thinking to get one here but thought the same thing about diesel noise. Any sample of exhaust sound?

Thanks.

Regards,
Didie

will try to shoot a vid but need someone to video when i step on the pedal...will see whether it can be arranged..

Didie;730897 said:
Nice one Carlsson. I'm thinking to get one here but thought the same thing about diesel noise. Any sample of exhaust sound?

Thanks.

Regards,
Didie

regretted to spend the money for my wife laptop upgrade....:motz:

here are the pics!

test drove the F30 in the afternoon, and in the evening otw for chatime, the one and only red 328i that's officially on the road parked next to me!

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the tip of the 320d exhaust, cuz to be honest, it does look like the one mounted on the 1-tonne lorry. Do you know if we can change the tips only with let say double outlet chrome? where is the best place to do this? would void warranty?

In Klang, like bro morrogan one...he uploaded the pictures too... In Diesel 320d thread... Are you one of us?

Carlsson I saw the video already...the black smoke coming out like missiles. I like it

No sound one?

Thanks. I'll search in the thread you mentioned.

yup. got the car for 4 months now. loving it, cant remember when the last time i refueled and the power kit helps me to devour mk6 at kerinchi link corner last nite.

great that you love it. please register yourself in our 320d count

I know bro, the sound isn't as noticeable compared to the 320i because of the engine clatter, the fact its a diesel and a turbo. One way to get a louder drone would be to skin the cat and get rid of the resonator, however, it'll void my warranty, so i'll hang on to this setup first till after, then i'll decide what to do.

but in terms of performance, it's awesome! And i'm feeling a pick up in fuel economy too.

Looks is also priceless:D

jwah;731185 said:
In Klang, like bro morrogan one...he uploaded the pictures too... In Diesel 320d thread... Are you one of us?

Carlsson I saw the video already...the black smoke coming out like missiles. I like it

No sound one?

highly recommended? is so please poison me for next month:smokin:

carlsson;730780 said:
However, people behind me will eating smoke literally from time to time..hahaha..

Regards,
Carlsson

hehe...Carlsson, you ain't doing it right, until it looks somethign like this. if you got it, smoke 'em!!!! :D

[video=youtube_share;NtWBv_w22l8]http://youtu.be/NtWBv_w22l8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;zhM_pBH2QSc]http://youtu.be/zhM_pBH2QSc[/video]

Wow...like coal fired train. On the other hand, the huge torque causing the wheel spin continue all the way. Really power. Thanks Ramsing for sharing.

morrogan;732020 said:
Wow...like coal fired train. On the other hand, the huge torque causing the wheel spin continue all the way. Really power. Thanks Ramsing for sharing.

sigh...this is what we all need la. big displacement diesel engines. 6 litre diesel engines with 2000 lb ft of tq. if you build your house on wheels, you can pull it to a new place every night. hehehe.

Top Bottom