320d N47 Engine ECU Remap Curiosity

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crescent

Club Guest
Dear BMW Club Malaysia Members,I've got a curious question I'd like to ask. I recently just purchased a F30 320d + Performance Power Kit.With my power kit, they changed my intercooler & ECU. I took both of this item back and its in my store room now.I was thinking since I have an extra ECU, and I read somewhere else that the original 320d ECU is essentially the same as the performance power kit ECU. Just that the power kit ECU has a different engine mapping on it.I think I read about this in f30post, can't really remember. They said that the reason BMW change a new ECU instead of remap the old ECU is because of a new coding system. Whereby any changes in the ECU mapping by any means is considered a tampered unit. Is this true guys?If yes, I was wondering if I can use my spare original ECU to do remapping and then swap it into my 320d. Then I can keep the power kit ECU for warranty purpose. In case there is any!Although by the time I really decide to do remap my ECU my warranty will almost be gone. LOL. Just thinking what if...I know both ECU is made by Bosch but I ain't sure of its internal hardware has any difference.It'll be great to hear some opinion from you guys! Thanks!

You will 1st need to copy the new ecu find the starting code and place this into your old ecu

You will be able to tune your old ecu

i dont know the answer to your question, but I hope you don't mind me asking you instead about your experience with the PPK. Have been thinking of getting it for my 320d as well but wondering if its worth doing?

molasses917;n1119210 said:
i dont know the answer to your question, but I hope you don't mind me asking you instead about your experience with the PPK. Have been thinking of getting it for my 320d as well but wondering if its worth doing?
From the Dyno figures that we have, I personally don't see the benefits for its price here.

Stock = Dyno 170whp
Powerkit = Dyno 185whp (price >RM6k)
Using a piggy back alone without PPK = Dyno 196whp (DTUK

The only reason why I will swap out my piggyback and do a full ECU remap, is when I install an aftermarket downpipe. A remap is needed to remove the O2 sensor reading.

Top Bottom