318is or 325?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Alvin@Dec 28 2004, 03:39 AM Pssssttttttttttt!!!!!!!!! DD! oi DD! if upgrade to M52B25 still cannot whack our bro Eldrows car how lar?????? :eek: TAKE MY ADVICE ON THIS! REALLY, THE ONLY CHOICE IS S50B32!!!!!
Wah... this dose of racun quite lethal man...

Yeah man ... can smell the poison reading this thread ... :wacko: DD, Most importantly I think you have to decide whether you want to go the legal route or not. No doubt you can "kau-tim" the inspection, but that doesn't guarantee you'll be free of entanglements thereafter.Like flash said, in a road-block or accident, there could be a ton of complications with insurance etc. Legally, our current 1,796cc x 1.25 = 2,245cc only. So, it's either M50 2.0L (cheap) or the current M54 2.2L (probably can't find or darn expensive)

How many time do I have to repeat myself..........*sigh*.......one more time:MOD THE DRIVER, NOT THE CAR!!!!

Originally posted by kevster30@Dec 27 2004, 10:28 PM How many time do I have to repeat myself..........*sigh*.......one more time:MOD THE DRIVER, NOT THE CAR!!!!
Hehehe...sometimes we just need reassurance......ekekek....Backside itchy only lah......still can tahan one.....need antidote to counter all the racun!

Originally posted by koryong@Dec 27 2004, 09:46 PM
Yeah man ... can smell the poison reading this thread ... :wacko:

DD,
Most importantly I think you have to decide whether you want to go the legal route or not. No doubt you can "kau-tim" the inspection, but that doesn't guarantee you'll be free of entanglements thereafter.
Like flash said, in a road-block or accident, there could be a ton of complications with insurance etc.
Legally, our current 1,796cc x 1.25 = 2,245cc only. So, it's either M50 2.0L (cheap) or the current M54 2.2L (probably can't find or darn expensive)
Maybe there is a way out of the 1.25 ruling... what if you change the engine to a 2L engine first, register that first. Drive around for a few months and then change the engine to 2.5L... would that work or JPJ would still check back to the original engine i.e. 1.8L? :rolleyes: Of course you would have to pay more i.e. for 2 engines instead of one... :lol:

Originally posted by flash@Dec 28 2004, 09:13 AM
Of course you would have to pay more i.e. for 2 engines instead of one... :lol:
I think it's easier to upgrade to the engine capacity you want from day one and just make a declaration. It's true. No point evicting the law......shit happens and when it does (bad luck), insurance claims will be crucial.

Th ruling is there, but as long as you follow proper (and inproper) procedures, go through the inspection and update the your data with JPJ and insurance company, you are covered IMO. For instance, you will be paying 2.5l roadtax and insurance and as long as the insurance policy have the chassis and engine numbers that correlate with your grant and your car is legal (without any tampering), you will be fine.

But DD, knowing you..you will stick to your slow jalopy hahahahahahaha

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 28 2004, 12:18 PM
But we can hope that DD takes the plunge... :D Luv to see his munster with a new big heart.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 28 2004, 12:18 PM
Hey BUndy you know what....you may be RIGHT.....hahahahaha.....

DD,
go for it "Heart" transplant .... i will after u next year.... if yr UDM live more than 5 yrs after transplant .... hehehe B)
i personally like 318 is, rare ma, sport version u know. :)

with all the money you spend on the engine mod, u might as well go buy a 328 my friend. understood that you have done yr exterior and interior, but transplant of engines will open cans of worms. However, there are successfull implementation but they are also non successfull one.

Straight conversation will be either the m42 or m44.

I would defer what koryong has said, the m44 on the e36 is nice. The car does pulls and it pulls a lot faster. Be it manual or auto, I m sure the IS is there for a reason.

The 318iS I test-drove was a '94 so it must have been an M42. Lady owner, so I guess the ECU was also a little lazy ... :D

You're probably right about the M44 - it should pull much better since higher torque at lower rpm.

DD, DO IT !! We need a guinea pig .... :lol:

Yes, I agree with Elwine30. Forget converting it, its just too much hassle for a daily driver, and 328i's are a dime a dozen. First batch prices are bound to drop even further as they would have reached the 10-year mark. Or better still, wait a little bit longer and just get a 6 cyl E46 or E39 lah......

Top Bottom