318is or 325?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Daredevil

Founding Member
Now that my exterior mod and beautification project is almost complete, should I be looking at getting extra ooommmph now????Guys (rollcall : fabs, zoggee, quicksilver, alvin, pussy, Bundy....) who have experience chucking in halfcut 318is, 325 or any other monstrous block into your virgin chassis, pls own up and share some sweet or painful stories pre/post transplant. Any difference for a used and re-con block? What else should I be looking at? Gearbox? I would like to maintain auto......ekekek......want more oomph but too lazy to fight traffic lah...Cost indication? Any recommended workshops specializing in 'heart' & 'kidney' transplant? How long does the baby needs to be in the hospis? Where's the best place to look for reliable half-cuts? :D :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Daredevil@Dec 26 2004, 09:50 AM Now that my exterior mod and beautification project is almost complete, should I be looking at getting extra ooommmph now????Guys (rollcall : fabs, zoggee, quicksilver, alvin, pussy, Bundy....) who have experience chucking in halfcut 318is, 325 or any other monstrous block into your virgin chassis, pls own up and share some sweet or painful stories pre/post transplant. Any difference for a used and re-con block? What else should I be looking at? Gearbox? I would like to maintain auto......ekekek......want more oomph but too lazy to fight traffic lah...Cost indication? Any recommended workshops specializing in 'heart' & 'kidney' transplant? How long does the baby needs to be in the hospis? Where's the best place to look for reliable half-cuts? :D :rolleyes:
Ooooh, another munster in the making... am gonna monitor this thread closely.

Originally posted by Daredevil@Dec 26 2004, 09:50 AM I would like to maintain auto......ekekek......want more oomph but too lazy to fight traffic lah... :D :rolleyes:
I test drove an e36 318iS with an auto gearbox few months back - it's nothing to shout about. The M42 torque is a little better than the standard 8-valve but the auto really kills it. Don't think the M44 is much better either.An M50 2.0L Vanos would probably be much sweeter. It's cheap and legal too ie. within the +25% capacity increase.Mod, mod, mod !! And be guinea pig for rest of us e36 4-potters ....... :D

Originally posted by koryong@Dec 26 2004, 11:22 PM An M50 2.0L Vanos would probably be much sweeter. It's cheap and legal too ie. within the +25% capacity increase.Mod, mod, mod !! And be guinea pig for rest of us e36 4-potters ....... :D
Hey, that's a good idea too. 2.0l 6pot engineinto a 4pot.....hmmm....can be considered. But I think it's quite difficult to get a good 2.0l engine.....Zoggee....any jalan?

2.0 vanos 6 pot with 5 speed gearbox mau ka?? Complete with ECU and wirings kekeke....But I suggest go with the 2.5, will bring a wide grin to your face everytime you floor the pedal :D

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 27 2004, 09:17 AM 2.0 vanos 6 pot with 5 speed gearbox mau ka?? Complete with ECU and wirings kekeke....But I suggest go with the 2.5, will bring a wide grin to your face everytime you floor the pedal :D
Racun, racun, the usual urge to get people to upgrade to 2.5L and 2.8L... but once bitten, will not regret... ke kek.

Originally posted by Daredevil@Dec 26 2004, 02:50 PM Now that my exterior mod and beautification project is almost complete, should I be looking at getting extra ooommmph now????Guys (rollcall : fabs, zoggee, quicksilver, alvin, pussy, Bundy....) who have experience chucking in halfcut 318is, 325 or any other monstrous block into your virgin chassis, pls own up and share some sweet or painful stories pre/post transplant. Any difference for a used and re-con block? What else should I be looking at? Gearbox? I would like to maintain auto......ekekek......want more oomph but too lazy to fight traffic lah...Cost indication? Any recommended workshops specializing in 'heart' & 'kidney' transplant? How long does the baby needs to be in the hospis? Where's the best place to look for reliable half-cuts? :D :rolleyes:
boss!boss!... go for m50b25...stroke 2 3.2ltr......Fuiyooooooooo :lol: :lol: Auto tranny with switchloGic.....niceeeeeeee...6POT, 6POT, 6POTheh heh heh heh

Yeah lah, fabian, scared ah???? Hahahaha....... :lol: Not to tapau other people lah.....more for self-enjoyment and satisfaction....as it is, I can always tapau some smaller cars.....remember, it's the driver, not the car. ekekek.....Tell me one thing, when you guys upgrade your engines, how many of you actually declare it to Puspakom or JPJ????? :rolleyes: Bundy, tell me more about your 2.0 Vanos block! :huh: Berapa lui? For the works?

Originally posted by Daredevil@Dec 27 2004, 04:12 PM Yeah lah, fabian, scared ah???? Hahahaha....... :lol: Not to tapau other people lah.....more for self-enjoyment and satisfaction....as it is, I can always tapau some smaller cars.....remember, it's the driver, not the car. ekekek.....Tell me one thing, when you guys upgrade your engines, how many of you actually declare it to Puspakom or JPJ????? :rolleyes: Bundy, tell me more about your 2.0 Vanos block! :huh: Berapa lui? For the works?
straight swap don hav 2 inspect but high capacity upgrade hav 2 submit to Kawalan Setia Jabatan Pengankutan...this onli means 'kautim?'.... dependshow u wanna go about it...

If you are swapping a different engine then you need to go for inspection, if you are swapping another engine with similar displacement and make, then just fill the forms and pay RM20 at the JPJ counter. They will then register and update your new engine number on the car grant and computer records.Al

Originally posted by Daredevil@Dec 27 2004, 11:12 AM Tell me one thing, when you guys upgrade your engines, how many of you actually declare it to Puspakom or JPJ????? :rolleyes:
Hmmmm, tough question. :rolleyes: But to be on the safe side, better to declare... both to JPJ and your insurance. JPJ - in case you are caught in a road block, insurance - in case you need to make any claims.

Why go 2.0 when you can get a 2.5 that is potentially easier to source? Well, maybe it's a little older in engine age, but hey... that .5 liter plays helluva lot of difference...

Pssssttttttttttt!!!!!!!!! DD! oi DD! if upgrade to M52B25 still cannot whack our bro Eldrows car how lar?????? :eek: TAKE MY ADVICE ON THIS! REALLY, THE ONLY CHOICE IS S50B32!!!!! Then only got oommpphhhhhh wan. Dun waste your time with 500cc more :p U got me no if you need to talk more. or i can mail you 'The List' ;)

Aiyo! NOC List ah? ekek...Nobody dare to mess with the drag king's 'stock' 328 lah.......mei sei koh meh?Alvin, gonna call you shortly.....ekek....let's explore ideas.

Top Bottom