318i N42 intermittent cutting after warm up phase

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MetroPoLs

I've a BMW 3.18i N42( Vin last 7 digit: CK02302) and there's a problem that i can't solve.
In the morning when i run the cold engine, start properly. After warm up phase when the temperature gauge at the beginning of the blue area, if the gear position at "P" the engine is stopping suddenly either the position "D or R" the engine is shaking like crazy and intermittent cutting during 3-4 seconds and shortly after engine is returning the normal and working properly. When i unplug the eccentric shaft sensor (near the oil cap) and start the engine this problem is not.

In the video that I recorded with DIS. You can see the issue at the "Operation mode : transition throttled" phase (from "throttled, warm up" to "valvetronic operation") the engine is intermittent cutting during 3-4 seconds )
Video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTLyAa3SUcQ

Replaced parts
Spark Plugs
All Filters
New tpye replaced chain tensioner
Vanos adjustment unit, inlet camshaft
Cylinder head cover profil gasket
Vanos Solenoid orings
CCV valve and pipes
Cranck sensor
Temperature sensor
Both Camshaft sensors
3 Lambda sensor before catalyst

Vanos timing controlled with special tools and Eccentric shaft sensor, Valvetronic actuator motor and DME relay( in the black box) were swapped by another car is running properly

While searching this issue on the net i found a link about that problem ( my car is not affected production range but the problem is very similar with my car) and i reprogrammed the DME with Winkpf program using SP Daten Files v50.2. DME upgraded properly but after a fault code occured on DME "285C VVT-CAN-Communication" (erased fault code and didn't come back again)
Link:
BMW Workshop Manuals > 3 Series E46 318i (N42) SAL > 1 Service Information > 12 Engine Electrical System (N42) > 4 SI Faulty DME Data Of The Valvetronic Monitoring Function E46 N42

long story short, problem still here and there is not any fault code in DME or fault lamp on dashboard. this problem has been driving me crazy.

I just didn't change and control "VVT ECU and relay".

i hope you have an idea about this silly problem..

Top Bottom