24v Engine into an E28

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alfa75

Club Guest
Hi.Not sure if its been discussed before but I'm goint to put a later 24v engine into my car.Any tips,pointers,things to look out for?What can I expect to pay for a 2.0 or 2.5 24v - Engine,g/box (Auto) and necessary parts ? I got a suggestion to place an M20 2.5 instead as an alternative.Your views would be appreciated.Thanks!:top:

That can be done!
Best option is for you to get a whole half cut ... can cost you around RM6~8K
Newer engine would mean you will need the engine+ECU+wire harness+transmission+etc...etc....suggest that you talk to other sifus here ... planta, laforte and a few others I have seen been doing this for their breakfast...:top:

Near my workplace is a big kedai potong (Mun Lee Autoparts). You might want to come over and see them doing engine transplants and ask those people what to expect.:listen:

I am thinking of doing a transplant on my NK 2000 that is a year 1967 car. I was offered a M3S14 :rock:which is essentially the sports m10 engine at RM8k but still looking for a better choice ... too expensive with a broken oil pan (accident) and missing ECU.:cool:

Mun Lee Autoparts, Batu 13, Jalan Puchong. From Jalan Puchong go towards Putrajaya, IOI Mall and TESCO will be across the road on your right, proceed until Tractors Malaysia, take left before the Puchong Perdana flyover(If you go under the flyover you will go to Puchong Perdana). Take another left after the 1st traffic light, under the the flyover. Don't go straight ... the is another traffic light ahead ... a few meter ahead. It the second lot. The 1st lot a smaller yard. It is always advertised in the MotorTrader. It is big.

Hi Max,Thanks for the reply.Will try and get in touch with guys you mentioned to get their opinions :burnout:
You mentioned you work around tractors,whereabout exactly?

Engine i dont think you will have problem but trasmission yes. If manual it would be ok but auto you may have to cut the gearbox tunnel.

redbaron;328297 said:
Engine i dont think you will have problem but trasmission yes. If manual it would be ok but auto you may have to cut the gearbox tunnel.

if have to cut .... Later at puspakom can pass or not ? (or runner ?)

redbaron, that means for manual, M50 will fit into E28 manual trans? Any modifications needed? Will it affect long shaft?

Cut the transmission tunnel? :hmmmm2: Cheh..too much hassle.Maybe i'll just change my engine then and retain the 3spd g/box. I malas to pakai manual so lemme see how it goes lah.Out of curiosity,how about the M20 2.5? Will it mate easily with the 3spd box?Will I need to change the bell housing or is it a straight swap? Aside from the timing belt,is it a better engine than the M30.What can I expect to pay for that engine.Tenjewberrymuds :party:

enjoy the m30 bro. it's way much better than m20. M30 is known for big block which M20 is a smaller block.

What's ther reason for the transplant?

Keep your M30 bro. If power is what you are looking at pm me i will explain to you how to get it done.

Hi Ewine & Baron.Thanks for the advice.I appreciate the offer and would like to take you up on it.BTW,how to PM?:4:

Top Bottom