2012 map for only RM127

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jfreechong;755023 said:
Hi M5port;
I check mine but I didn't see any .bin file but only a config.nfm file. If you don't mind, please email me the .bin file.
Thanks.
Jeff

Jeff,
After unzipping the downloaded file (eventually I successfully downloaded after 7 odd hrs), you have a folder (pkgdb size 3.39Gb) and a file (config.nfm 1Kb)

So eventually I managed to update my map to SE Asia Map Premium 2012 (ver 152111.2.15)
Interestingly I did not have to input any FSC code at all. I am not sure why. I did pay that fscmap guy $50 though and he sent me the code the next day.

This is how I did it :
1) Download the zip file (2.8 Gb)
2) Unzip the file => a folder 3.39Gb and a file 1Kb
3) Copy the above folder and file to a thumbdrive (root directory)
4) Start car, activate Navi on iDrive
5) Insert thumbdrive into USB port in glove compartment
6) It automatically update (without asking for any FSC code, I am not sure why) This took about 8-10 mins.

After that, I did play around with map and POIs. Confirmed many places/roads and POIs not in 2011 map is in the new 2012 map.

So !!!
Anyone who want to try if it works on his/her machine, I am willing to let anyone have/copy it to their thumbdrive

Thank you everyone for the fruitful conversation
Unfortunately missed my opportunity to meet Jeff and M5sport. Maybe next time round.

Sorry Jfree, it is the .nfm file got it wrong.

wow Azahid no asking for codes? that is nice... heheh

M5port;756748 said:
Sorry Jfree, it is the .nfm file got it wrong.
wow Azahid no asking for codes? that is nice... heheh

Tested on a friends F10 today, codes still required. Mine went through without the codes must be a rare glitch by the machine.

azahidi;756505 said:
Jeff,
Anyone who want to try if it works on his/her machine, I am willing to let anyone have/copy it to their thumbdrive[/B][/COLOR].

QUOTE]

Bro.... may I have it in my car pls. Thx.

Bro, will contact you soon to take you up on your offer. Will PM my number.

azahidi;756505 said:
Jeff,
After unzipping the downloaded file (eventually I successfully downloaded after 7 odd hrs), you have a folder (pkgdb size 3.39Gb) and a file (config.nfm 1Kb)

So eventually I managed to update my map to SE Asia Map Premium 2012 (ver 152111.2.15)
Interestingly I did not have to input any FSC code at all. I am not sure why. I did pay that fscmap guy $50 though and he sent me the code the next day.

This is how I did it :
1) Download the zip file (2.8 Gb)
2) Unzip the file => a folder 3.39Gb and a file 1Kb
3) Copy the above folder and file to a thumbdrive (root directory)
4) Start car, activate Navi on iDrive
5) Insert thumbdrive into USB port in glove compartment
6) It automatically update (without asking for any FSC code, I am not sure why) This took about 8-10 mins.

After that, I did play around with map and POIs. Confirmed many places/roads and POIs not in 2011 map is in the new 2012 map.

So !!!
Anyone who want to try if it works on his/her machine, I am willing to let anyone have/copy it to their thumbdrive

Thank you everyone for the fruitful conversation
Unfortunately missed my opportunity to meet Jeff and M5sport. Maybe next time round.

vortex_kl;757660 said:
I seldom took my car to KL but this is what I got when in Sg Wang area... 3D perspective. Not bad.
View attachment 25524

True Vortex, the 3D is quite good when in KL city centre area. I've tested quite a bit around Klang Valley. Unfortunately the buildings are for KL city centre only. PJ area none. Subang area none, not even Sunway Pyramid or S.Parade. But the POIs are quite informative.

williamchangck;770192 said:
may i know where can i get E66 02 nav DVD Malaysia version?

Greetings bro william ... pls proceed to the Newbie Section and do a self intro as per forum rules and regulation, tq. :4: ...

williamchangck;770192 said:
may i know where can i get E66 02 nav DVD Malaysia version?

William, after you have done the self intro at the newbies column, you can seek help from our club vendor bro princevick to assist you in this.....

azahidi;758158 said:
True Vortex, the 3D is quite good when in KL city centre area. I've tested quite a bit around Klang Valley. Unfortunately the buildings are for KL city centre only. PJ area none. Subang area none, not even Sunway Pyramid or S.Parade. But the POIs are quite informative.

I second what Azahidi said in respect of the 3D view. The dimensional view is spectacular. Only managed to experience this after princevick updated my car's map recently...but there are plenty of new roads and POIs that needs to be updated (eg. the new bus station at tasik selatan is non-existent) in the 2012 map.

they are already rolling out the 2013 maps... hehe..... European getting it first...

need help on downloading map file

I'm very interested to update my map after reading this thread.

I noticed that few of you guys have successfully downloading the map file and buying the enable code from fscmap. i've tried the link in their website to download the map file but not working. i then sent email to fscmap guys and he did send me new ftp link. I manage to get access but the connection is very slow and always disconnected. i've been trying for many days without a success.

is there any kind man in this forum that is willing to share their file. i'll pay for it.

one more issue, the fscmap guys request for a VIN code. i noticed that VIN code is actually chassis number in Malaysia. am i right?

hope to get assistance from all sifus here.

enJINer;771716 said:
I'm very interested to update my map after reading this thread.

I noticed that few of you guys have successfully downloading the map file and buying the enable code from fscmap. i've tried the link in their website to download the map file but not working. i then sent email to fscmap guys and he did send me new ftp link. I manage to get access but the connection is very slow and always disconnected. i've been trying for many days without a success.
is there any kind man in this forum that is willing to share their file. i'll pay for it.
one more issue, the fscmap guys request for a VIN code. i noticed that VIN code is actually chassis number in Malaysia. am i right?
hope to get assistance from all sifus here.

VIN is something like this PM1RX54070E946761
the Fscmap.com guy will sent you the FSC code like this KSDEMBE3SXY3IBC7AABR (20 alphanumeric) unique to each VIN.

YHT;754929 said:
I got mine for RM250 with DVD shipped, anyone else interested? Pls PM me, cheers :)

Bro, do you still have the DVD. I am interested to get one. How to reach you?

YHT;754929 said:
I got mine for RM250 with DVD shipped, anyone else interested? Pls PM me, cheers :)

Yeap interested. But yours is for what model F10/E90LCI? What year is the nav?

Top Bottom