2012 map for only RM127

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E903er

Club Guest
hey guy just only RM127 for 2012 map updatedHere is the detail www.fscmap.comdownload the map from this link Download map: ftp://85.21.63.61:8978/DISK_A1/ login: fscmap pass: mapfscHope this link helpfull the all club members and forumers.

sixpotters;745166 said:
anybody tried this?

Managed to update mine successfully.

SilverBullet;745249 said:
in what format do u burn it into DVD?

btw is this for CCC or CIC?

thanks

The map is zipped... so I unzipped it and just burn the whole content into a DVD using my MacBook Pro, not sure what format but as long it can be read by a PC.

The only hassle is the guy only accept payment via moneybookers but it's not not that hard to setup and I managed to link it to my credit card and send the payment almost immediately. BUT... I prefer my old Garmin. It's difficult to use and I've no idea how to save/create a waypoint using this thingy. For usability and user-friendliness... I would only rate it 2/5. Thank god I didn't spend a fortune to get the map. :sleep:

vortex_kl;745446 said:
Managed to update mine successfully. The map is zipped... so I unzipped it and just burn the whole content into a DVD using my MacBook Pro, not sure what format but as long it can be read by a PC.

The only hassle is the guy only accept payment via moneybookers but it's not not that hard to setup and I managed to link it to my credit card and send the payment almost immediately. BUT... I prefer my old Garmin. It's difficult to use and I've no idea how to save/create a waypoint using this thingy. For usability and user-friendliness... I would only rate it 2/5. Thank god I didn't spend a fortune to get the map. :sleep:

bro, mind sharing what car model are you driving and what year is it? Mine is e92 2007, not sure if can use this or not..comes with Sat-Nav DVD drive at the centre console tho..if not mistaken for CIC there's no DVD drive, the map is stored in the built-in hard drive..maybe I got it wrong..thanks bro

SilverBullet;745489 said:
bro, mind sharing what car model are you driving and what year is it? Mine is e92 2007, not sure if can use this or not..comes with Sat-Nav DVD drive at the centre console tho..if not mistaken for CIC there's no DVD drive, the map is stored in the built-in hard drive..maybe I got it wrong..thanks bro

Mine is F07 2009. AFAIK it's CIC based iDrive and do come with DVD player. :) I do read elsewhere that for some car models, you can just copy the map into a USB thumb drive and insert it into the USB port in the glove compartment.

The 3D perspective map is not bad but it only shows the land contour... well so far that's what I see, compared to Garmin which can even show most landmark buildings in 3D.

I forgot to mention that it actually cost USD50.00, and there's a slight transfer fee. All in all, it cost me RM162.16.

Ok, i have updated my f10 535i maps too via USB thumb drive, update took only 10 mins, provided you have already downloaded the map (took 10 hrs! 2+GB) and got the code.

M5port;750075 said:
Ok, i have updated my f10 535i maps too via USB thumb drive, update took only 10 mins, provided you have already downloaded the map (took 10 hrs! 2+GB) and got the code.

How big is the file after unzipping?
Care to share how updated is the map. How much better is it compared to ver 2011?
In your opinion, is it worth upgrading.
Thanks.

It is about 3.39GB after unzipping.. i haven't use it to full force, but so far, it is QUITE updated. ( i am from Kemuning Shah Alam area,some areas still not in the map unfortunately) i don't have 2011 previously installed so i can't say how much better it is. well for only about rm170.00 , i guess its worth it. just need a little DIY. =)

Before I pay this FSC guy, I think it's better for me to do a DIY on my E90 2010 LCi so I had downloaded the map and unzip it onto a DVD and a thumb drive. Unfortunately when I inserted the DVD or even plug in the thumb drive onto the glove compartment USB nothing seen to happen. Can someone please share how to perform the update? I emailed the FSC guy but I think he's more interested to sell the code then answer my questions.

jfreechong;753153 said:
Before I pay this FSC guy, I think it's better for me to do a DIY on my E90 2010 LCi so I had downloaded the map and unzip it onto a DVD and a thumb drive. Unfortunately when I inserted the DVD or even plug in the thumb drive onto the glove compartment USB nothing seen to happen. Can someone please share how to perform the update? I emailed the FSC guy but I think he's more interested to sell the code then answer my questions.

I am almost given up trying to download the file from fscmap's server. Very slow despite I'm on 5Mbps connection. Download speed is only 45Kbps. Many times, after 4-5 hrs of download, it go interrupted. Very frustrating. (So when I have successfully downloaded, and installed, I'm going to share the file with anyone interested)
Agree with jfreechong.. this fscmap guy is not very helpful. I guess he is too loaded with too many code requests from all over the world.
(Another solution of course is to get the disc from our local forum member who I think is asking for a bit higher price)

Maybe those who has successfully upgraded via this fscmap guy can share their experience... helpfulness, promptness, etc.

Hi Azahidi;

I can share the map with you. It's about 4Gb.

My office is at Wisma Consplant. Since you are at Subang area, you can pop by anytime but I'll be travelling till this Friday.

Jeff

Jfree, once you unzipped it, you will have a folder and a .bin file. Both of this has to be in the root folder (eg. F:\) and not in any other folders for the car to detect it. Once it does, it will ask if you want to install and then your code. it will take about 10 mins to update and then the idrive will restart with your new maps =)

Azahidi, sorry for the late reply, i have been busy lately. if you have your code already, i can help you, just use my thumb drive =) i am in Kemuning , Shah Alam area.

M5ports and Jfreechong,
Thanks for the kind offer to share the map. I am giving another go to download the map from fscmaps. This is my seventh/eighth try without success, failing again I may have to borrow the map from you guys ( I will PM you should I need to).

I got mine for RM250 with DVD shipped, anyone else interested? Pls PM me, cheers :)

Hi M5port;

I check mine but I didn't see any .bin file but only a config.nfm file. If you don't mind, please email me the .bin file.

Thanks.
Jeff

Top Bottom