2009 325 Msports E90 or 2009 320 E92

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Davidy0ng

Club Guest
HI~!i cannot decide between this two. both has is advantages between themBoth are the new 2009 model and a difference of RM30k.325 is SKD while the 320coupe is CBU320coupe is cheaper (pre-registered) but 325 have more accessories320coupe is a rarer sight in our msia (exclusivity) road but 325 have more power (more fun to drive)So i cannot decide....which would you guys decide?please do not base you decision on the second hand value...i know coupe depreciate more.

... on the contrary, I think the Coupe is a better and more effective chick magnet.. its screaming out loud..

"I AM SINGLE AND LOADED!!!"... regardless of the tiny 4-potter under the hood, who cares.. :p

Go for the 6 potter 325 Sports and unleash all the power when you drive!

HI~!

thanks you for those who response..

but why do you guys choose the 325 ? like astroboy said its a chick magnet and i totally agree with it.
If they have the 325coupe here it would made the decision easier.

They only have the 325 convertible here which i think its overprice. for the price i might as well get the 355i coupe.

i have driven the 325m-sport...and its awesome but there is something different (FEEL) when i sat in the 320coupe(CBU).

thanks you guys again.

e92 looks sexier. But spec to spec comparison, you are paying the extra on the e92 for the tax since its cbu.

the 325 sports has more power, better engine, wonderful idrive and it can look sexy too if u know how to mod it.

as for chick magnet, the e92 has more sex appeal than the e90, but if you intention is to get a chick, u don;t have to spend this much, just get the recond 350z or recond z4.

.. also Coupe depreciates fast.. :( and banks stop financing a lot sooner.. :( Maybe they know womanizer is not a good pay master.. :p

i'd suggest the e90..u get more car for your money.Msport addendas and that silky smooth magnesium 6..its a no brainer.as far as chick magnetry goes,i think the e90 is equally as sexy,in a different way.both will 'pull' for ya..
spice up the e90 a little with some nice alloys..it'll look equally as good as the coupe.

This sounds all too familiar as I was faced with the same dilemma 2 years ago. Back then it was the E92 323i and the E90 325i Sports. I booked the E90 and then changed it to the E92 a few days later. The E92 was more expensive than the more powerful E90 by RM30k.

Chic appeal? Oh yes, there is no denying this esp. 2 years ago when my E92 was only 1 of about 30 units nationwide. You do get the attention (from both sex divides) and that in turn gives a really good feeling when you're driving cos you just know you're different. Even with valet parking when you're likely to get the best spot. That will soon change when the recond E92s flood the Malaysian market. As of now, there are already so many new E92 320is where I live to spoil the party, heh.

Quality wise, CBU does make a difference and my E92 has been impeccable even as my warranty period is about to expire.

But... in the end, I'm a bit of a boy-racer at heart and I do regret my decision a little. The extra bundles of engine performance of the 325i is just as undeniable and it's something that will put a smile on your face all the time. Coupled with a lot more kit such as i-drive, fully electronic seats (E92 320i is only partial) etc etc etc, this makes the 325i a far better value proposition too.

In the end, having faced the same choice 2 years ago, I was happy then to get the less powerful E92 but if I have to make that decision now, I would go for the E90 325i Sports (which I used for 2 months, so I know) just for the extra performance. For me, the 7.7 sec vs. 8.5 sec is a world of difference, what more comparing with a 320i.

Go for the E90 325i Sports!

So, David, what's your decision. Have you test drove both cars? No need to test drive the 320i in E92 form since it handles very much the same as the E90.

Just wanted to add that whatever you decide, you're a winner mate!

HI~!

thank you again for all the input and so far everyone is leaning towards the 325

you are right ASTROBOY, i totally agree with you on this one~!

SUPERGRIPEN, True but maybe its just me that i like everthing in its stock version, unless if you are talking about total makeover by companies like DINAN, ALPINA, HAMANN etc...:top:

JUAN POWERBLOW.....i have not yet decide on it yet i'm still looking around, and hopefully some good deal comes up..saw a 07 msport package E93 335i for RM4XX and a 07 325i coupe (both cars selling not from BMW dealership)

By the way where to service the BMW if the car is bought from lets say NAZA world? can i bring the car to the BMW service center?

thank you again.....:top:

Coupe!

Go for the 320i Coupe! It's a unique, distinctive, a lifestyle car unlike the 325i that's just a saloon even with a more sporty makeover. You make a more powerful individual statement with the 320i Coupe than a 325i Sport....for sure. If you want just speed, there're many other and better choices than the 325i Sport and costing much less.

Also consider that Coupes are more timeless than sedans. In 3 years when the present 3 series are replaced, the e92 Coupe will still retain it's distinctive look and style far better than the e90 sedans,and wil hold its own against the new generation 3 series. And because of that and because less are produced, resale values are far, far better. Just look at the prices of the older 3 series coupes compared to sedans in Motor Trader, On The Road etc.

I am not for one moment suggesting the 325i Sport is an inferior choice. It certainly isn't. But to pick that on account of superior performance alone will not make you a happy man at the end of the day.

And I hate to say this. CBU German quality, workmanship consistently trump over CKD and that in turn trumps over recond. There's a reason why the new 7 series sell so well compared to the CKD S Class. Just ask owners of the former. Just ask owners of the latter.

Notwithstanding what's asserted above, choosing a Bimmer, any Bimmer is a great choice!

Get the coupe... the lines on the car is awesome...

some poison to add.

1. why worry about the cc, it' s still the twin exhaust pipe exit, remove the badge and put in a 325i badge.. no one knows the difference.

2. bored after a while ? bring it up to 335i spec..

3. a bit more adventurers, full convert to M3 !!

there's a lot more of other things, mods can be done...bodykit, etc...

Davidy0ng;412923 said:
HI~!

thank you again for all the input and so far everyone is leaning towards the 325

you are right ASTROBOY, i totally agree with you on this one~!

SUPERGRIPEN, True but maybe its just me that i like everthing in its stock version, unless if you are talking about total makeover by companies like DINAN, ALPINA, HAMANN etc...:top:

JUAN POWERBLOW.....i have not yet decide on it yet i'm still looking around, and hopefully some good deal comes up..saw a 07 msport package E93 335i for RM4XX and a 07 325i coupe (both cars selling not from BMW dealership)

By the way where to service the BMW if the car is bought from lets say NAZA world? can i bring the car to the BMW service center?

thank you again.....:top:

Ohhh... how much is the 07 E92 325i going for? Does it come with I-Drive? Colour is important for the E92 and you have that option cos it's CBU. The best colours are Alpine White with red leather interior or the Montana Blue or Space Grey with white or jade grey leather interior.

I find the CKD E90s truly outdone by the lack of colour choices. It's either Sparkling Graphite or Monaco Blue and there's just too many of that now.

The price of recond E92 335i at RM4xx k is really over priced and I guess this is becos you have to wait months to get a new one. If I were you, I would get it new at that price.

Most of the E90 fellas here service their cars at Ingress Auto cos they provide the best service.

HI~!

pussy: does the 320 coupe come with twin tail pipe like the 335i? i cannot recall it....haahaa~! that is one thing bad about BMW design is that from 320coupe to 335 coupe..it looks all the same.....

Juan Powerblow: yeah the alphine white and red interior would be my choice. they have one in the garage of IA. (its pre-registered, but 0 mileage, 09 and its NEW)

why do they sell NEW car as a pre-registerd car? anyone knows? (they sales representative said that they pre-registered it so that they can give discount, as NEW cars are price controlled) TRUE?

ryvinson: I agree with you on this one....CBU cars have a sense of quality compare to CKD...(physical and mentally) the first visit to IA they have both the new 325msports and the 320coupe. and at the instance the 320coupe caught by attention even though the 320coupe is at one end of the showroom with the 325msports near the entrance. THAT is why its so hard to decide BEAUTY or BEAST (as in power-wise)....

oh by the way the 07 E92 325i is going for around RM299K but i think its sold....

CHEERS~!

I've got nothing against the e92..like so many here,i think the e92 is a gorgeous piece of automotive design.simply inspiring.my main point of contention is the engine that comes with the e92 320i..a measly 4pot with so little to offer.it doesn't do justice to the coupe's sexy silhuette.
And if like u've mentioned earlier that u like ur cars stock,the e92 320i is not what i'll go for hence my preference for the e90 325i Sport.just my answer to ur Q earlier.but if u can secure a 6pot e92,hell by all means brother..
If i were in a market for a coupe,i'd go for a Z4..tight and low is how i like it,preferably with a supercharged 6pot engine.

Top Bottom