18" and 19" petrol consumption?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
laneza;331926 said:
oit bro bmw7833 long time i no c u in forum lar..where u gone lar..haha..

play play and pay pay

Go to somewhere PLAY PLAY lor..

Ok, back to the topic..As i measured b4, there is not much different weight for my original 16" and 18" rim. Only u can see the different weight if u use the Taiwan chopalang rim, i guess.

Kaiza635CSI;331788 said:
hello, what engine using again? plus ur turbo charged mah.... dont have to tekan so much to get power...

alo brader... all the rims were used with same engine laa...

laneza;331796 said:
wallawei syahruln pakai turbo charged ar? no wonder lah he said no big dif..all the time fast one..

most of the time driving in KL bro... siput2 tu tak sempat makan minyak :)

hmm... maybe smaller capacity engines are more sensitive to different wheel sizes...

myvi 22"?

ya how lar i've seen somebody with myvi 18" deep dish wheels lar..i'm pretty sure very2 fast one..

syahruln;331747 said:
sekarang pakai tayar 19, petrol fulltank berapa jauh bole pegi? hehehe takmau coba 14" pulak ke???

IF u drive....i mean if u REALLY want to drive a BMW.....somemore with 19" rims ......... u wouldn't care berapa jauh u bole pegi with fulltank of petrol..... i mean if u care...u wouldn't put the 19" in the first place right???? (that is why KANCIL is invented ).

.....as for the offer to try the 14".....hmmmmm i dont even have the taste towards the standard 15" now.....hehehe....

hehehe... bila mau gi try 17? wide tyre lagi tu... ;) sekali pakai gerenti melekat...

syahruln;333741 said:
hehehe... bila mau gi try 17? wide tyre lagi tu... ;) sekali pakai gerenti melekat...

.......ive already used 19" with 235/35/19 tyres ( for almost 2 years ) replica.
.......ive already used 18" with 235/45/18 tyres ( for a few months ) replica.
.......and yesterday i start using 17" with 255/45/17 tyres original AC II.
The 18" and 17" are for testing and to compare with my 19" ( in terms of "what i loose or gain...)

laneza;335500 said:
so what is ur result?

........as ive just started using the 17" yesterday..........let me test them for a while first. BUT WHY do i have the feeling that i like the 19" better at this early stage......hehehe....

.....I"ll let u guys know about the 'feeling' soon....

to me 18",19",20" rims on my car is just for show just to give my ride a bit more character. The 18's ive got on now, im not pushing my car no more.. I think 16" or 17" is just right for my car. Anyway i drive my car 3 days a week now. In case of emergency then i'll take it out.

Kaiza635CSI;335678 said:
to me 18",19",20" rims on my car is just for show just to give my ride a bit more character.

YES.....very correct. It's about feeling and character. Got nothing to do with f.c. though the standard 15 " is always the best in terms of fuel saving.......maybe?...(more or less too small to notice......after all who cares ) u wanna play u pay....

bluepanther;335704 said:
YES.....very correct. It's about feeling and character. Got nothing to do with f.c. though the standard 15 " is always the best in terms of fuel saving.......maybe?...(more or less too small to notice......after all who cares ) u wanna play u pay....

Spot on there bro.

If i wanted to do short sprints at every traffic light or do my top speed on the highway then i would certainly change back to my 14".

As for the bigger rims, that did not come as standard on the car i would just be crusing. No rush to go anywhere, let people see the shoes on the car... hehehe....

One way u can save on petrol is to plan the time you want to drive if you can . Don't join the jam when u know there's going to be a jam if you can help it. No point having smaller wheel and still drive in a traffic jam all the time.

Also, shortest route is not always the fastest route. With so many traffic lights will definetly consume more fuel than a road which is 10km longer but doesn't have any bloody jams. besides you will arrive 15 minutes earlier as well.

wc9922;335720 said:
One way u can save on petrol is to plan the time you want to drive if you can . Don't join the jam when u know there's going to be a jam if you can help it. No point having smaller wheel and still drive in a traffic jam all the time.

Also, shortest route is not always the fastest route. With so many traffic lights will definetly consume more fuel than a road which is 10km longer but doesn't have any bloody jams. besides you will arrive 15 minutes earlier as well.

its a good thing i work from home. if i need to go out its usually after 9pm.

bluepanther;335704 said:
YES.....very correct. It's about feeling and character. Got nothing to do with f.c...

waaa... no wonder la tiap2 bulan tukar rim... :burnout:

My exp last time my replica M5 rim wt 245/40/18 tyre all round heavier than my current replica AC type 6 staggered 235/40/18 & 265/35/18 tyre.
Even replica oso hv different grade. Now contemplating to upgrade to 19 in but worry on the performance ie durability, comfort & weight. Some people say ori european rim are heavier but durable. Lightweight Japan rim more prone to dent. I'm confuse which one to get or just hold my itch to stay with current rim.

19" ori Works staggered. Very very lite. 11k new
11072008329.jpg

11072008330.jpg

Or 19" AC type III racing 2 piece rim used RM6k. Heavier than my current 18"

10072008328.jpg

Or huge used 20" ori BBS rim. Weight more a less same wt the AC

10072008327.jpg

Top Bottom