04, 530D acceleration problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW530d lover

Club Guest
I have a 2004, 530D diesel with a problem of acceleration. The car is perfectly normal under 120kmph but I just cannot accelerate the car above 140kmph eventhough I have pressed down the pedal all the way, the rpm ram up to 4500rpm but speed stay at 140kmph. Send to AB SC and been told that they need few day to diagnose it, can anyone help?

Thanks Bozo,
I did try before and confirm that it is not speed limiter on the IDrive. Overseas forum did mention abt air mass sensor, turbo problem etc I get very confused and do not know what is the main reason. Did asked AB SC but they cannot give me answer since they claim very little number of diesel 530I in Malaysia. By the way, I got lots of smoke when I accelerate. Terrible.

BMW530d lover;320209 said:
Thanks Bozo,
I did try before and confirm that it is not speed limiter on the IDrive. Overseas forum did mention abt air mass sensor, turbo problem etc I get very confused and do not know what is the main reason. Did asked AB SC but they cannot give me answer since they claim very little number of diesel 530I in Malaysia. By the way, I got lots of smoke when I accelerate. Terrible.

AB told you dun know ah? Did you buy car from them? I am interested to find out how you eventually solve problem, I also diesel owner so far not much problems only smoke on acceleration but expected since diesel. I am sending for service soon change particle and fuel filters see what happen.

will send to AB to change the fuel filter and c how it goes and revert to your the outcome. The smoke really terrible.

just to note .. my car will be at AB Segambut for turbo change.. the turbo bearing is a bit noisy during acceleration

Top Bottom