WTB Fuel Distributor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BCD 520

Club Guest
Hi fellow Otai Beemers,This is my 1st post. I'm desperately looking for a fuel distributor for my e28 520i (1980, someone tell me if it's a K or J tronic system/). as one of the fuel lines (Immediately after the distributor) contains air bubbles during injection. This results in jerky injection. I cud have gone for a air flow meter conversion which will cost me a bomb. That's a last resort. Should anyone have it and intends to do away with it, pls contact me at neddymd@yahoo.com. Likewise I'd like to openup my distributor but I do not know where to source for the middle gasket (aluminium) which will result in leakage if i dont replace it. I've been driving this classic since 1994 and wud love to keep it in its original spec and intends to give it down to my son who's very passionate about it.So help me guys.BCD 520

BCD 520;390331 said:
Hi fellow Otai Beemers,

This is my 1st post. I'm desperately looking for a fuel distributor for my e28 520i (1980, someone tell me if it's a K or J tronic system/). as one of the fuel lines (Immediately after the distributor) contains air bubbles during injection. This results in jerky injection. I cud have gone for a air flow meter conversion which will cost me a bomb. That's a last resort. Should anyone have it and intends to do away with it, pls contact me at neddymd@yahoo.com. Likewise I'd like to openup my distributor but I do not know where to source for the middle gasket (aluminium) which will result in leakage if i dont replace it.

I've been driving this classic since 1994 and wud love to keep it in its original spec and intends to give it down to my son who's very passionate about it.

So help me guys.

BCD 520

It's K-jetronic...try bleeding it 1st. It should solve ur air bubbles issue.
The middle gasket can b custom made.

Fuel Distributor

Thanx Bro,

I kinda solved the bubbles issue. I fortunately got a recond distributor unit from a friend. The situation improved slightly. Nevetheless, the jerky throttle remained. Difficult cold starts are still there.My mechanic Ramli (X BMW & C&C) now points it to the injector nozzles. Cant find them here. I even float a search on ebay for it. So far no, takers. The throttle seems to work excellently if its not jerking.

The jerks are worse at accleration & hill climbs, kinda feel like one or more pistons not firing that times. Anybody got a solution to this? Cant live without this machine! Help me make it ultimate again!

Top Bottom