[WTA/WTB] E46 Repair Brake Caliper Kit & Ambient Temperature Socket

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xcrave

Club Guest
Just found out that the rattling and sharp metal noise (sound like when you tap metal with another metal) is cause by a bad part on my both front Caliper in my Braking system...Anyone have this part (new for sale) or can get cheaper parts??#1 pair REPAIR KIT GUIDE BUSH 34111157038#1 pair REPAIR SET BRAKE CALIPER 34111153202
69.png
item # 4 & 10 as well as this item:
263.png
Part #3Universal socket housing uncoded #65 81 6 905 133

Xcrave, I think it is worth double checking whether the metal against metal noise is due to loose screw/nut holding the caliper assembly. I had this bad experience before where some big headed workshop never tighten enough and it getting loose later. Just my humble opinion.

morrogan;649536 said:
Xcrave, I think it is worth double checking whether the metal against metal noise is due to loose screw/nut holding the caliper assembly. I had this bad experience before where some big headed workshop never tighten enough and it getting loose later. Just my humble opinion.

I personally checked them... with a #7 Allen Key.. (that allen Key already cost 20+ buck lol) talk about special tool :p

Oh well... i custom made the plug lol... Using old slipper rubber:

What i did was cut a square shape that can be inserted in the temperature housing... press it hard to get the pin groove... but from sides and insert wire as contact... slip it in and tape everything... now its showing 27-30 degrees YAY!!

Hi, how did you concluded that the item 4 & 10 is the faulty one? What about your discs, are they warped or not?

My disk are new and checked for warped (by rotating it freely front and backwards) no sound of hitting pad...

#2 check is to take out the pads and sand them straight (just to make sure it stays level... )

#3 Knocking check ... On Jacked position, you knock the whele randomly and you can hear the pads actually hitting the disk rotor...

So yeah i conclude its from this ... beside its suppose to be the cheapest fix... compared to other major one (like Front wishbone etc etc...

My wheels do not shake left and right (which shows bad arm)

Top Bottom