WTA: How Much is it to replace Water Pump & Thermostat for E36, 328i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PCW

Club Guest
Dear Taikos & Sifus,I need some advice, I just discovered that I lost about 800ml of coolant yesterday since I last check last Sunday.Brought my E36, 328i to the mechanic in Sunway this morning, and the boss told me there is a small leak due to faulty water pump & thermostat.I would like to know how much would it cost to replace the both? How many types of water pump & thermostat are there? and which one is better? Is there an OEM type?if yes, how much is it?Many thanks in advance.PCW

hi bro ,the workmanship to replace the waterpump and termostat is around RM 250 . in seremban senawang

boys toy auto;558952 said:
hi bro ,the workmanship to replace the waterpump and termostat is around RM 250 . in seremban senawang

Bolih kasi kurang lagi ka Boss ?

Hey Guys,

Thanks alot for all your inputs and advices, finally sorted out my issue with the waterpump, and the thermostat is OK , no problem.

Really appreciate it.

Regards.

PCW;561113 said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks alot for all your inputs and advices, finally sorted out my issue with the waterpump, and the thermostat is OK , no problem.

Really appreciate it.

Regards.

Bro don't mind to sharing how much u spent for the replacement ?

TQVM

Hi,

I spent in total RM600.00. Nothing is wrong with my thermostat, but I had to replace my leaking water pump and few other parts, the following is the break down:

abs censor: RM250
water pump: RM230
coolant: RM40
workmanship: RM80

Total: RM600

But now, after replacing my abs censor, my abs light and asc still comes on once in a while, checked with the mechanic he said most likely its due to the faulty abs pump.

Any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks.

PCW;561312 said:
Hi,

I spent in total RM600.00. Nothing is wrong with my thermostat, but I had to replace my leaking water pump and few other parts, the following is the break down:

abs censor: RM250
water pump: RM230
coolant: RM40
workmanship: RM80

Total: RM600

But now, after replacing my abs censor, my abs light and asc still comes on once in a while, checked with the mechanic he said most likely its due to the faulty abs pump.

Any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks.

your mechanic is Right Bro..about the ABS pump..I also experience the same thing a yera ago...the light comes on and off about two months and then is permanently On..untill Now...very difficult to get used replacement..brand new very expensive...:sleep:

Generally the ABS pump failure is attributed to the corroded flexi-cables used to connect each solenoid in the pump housing.

Here's a write-up about it how to rewire the cables. http://www.staffordnet.net/repairs/bmw/abs_pump_rewire.htm

Of course you'll need to really find out what the problem is with the ABS pump before re-wiring as the failure could be something different.

i juz change my water pump last month,

get the water pump rm130. ( 6 cylynder) termostart n housing plus gasket o-ring ( all below rm200).

then bring it to USJ1 ( yob ) all the labour fee just rm120.. plus labour to change muster pump brake.

go to USJ lah.
many bimmer sakit / masuk wad goes there..

Bros,

Thanks alot for all your inputs, really appreciate it.

Bro firdaus325,

Can pls give me the add of your mechanic in USJ1 and the name of the shop? There are few things in my car that I need to sort out, maybe I will drop by the USH1 workshop.

Thanks.

Top Bottom