Workshop

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BimmerDan

Club Guest
Hi everyone,the unimaginable happened to me last night. Power window failure and window is now stuck halfway up/down. Anyone know of any workshop that is open on a Sunday? I live in Subang.

U can lift it up by your hand temporary in case no workshop today.

tried two pair of hands whilst pressing the up switch, still it didn't budge. However, I did manage to solve the problem.
Apparently, it wasn't the failure of the regulator,snapped cable or seizure of the motor. The problem was one of the steel cable got out of alignment thus it couldn't roll up. I didn't think what happened with the steel cable was even possible but nonetheless I'm happy it got fixed.

BimmerDan;642707 said:
tried two pair of hands whilst pressing the up switch, still it didn't budge. However, I did manage to solve the problem.
Apparently, it wasn't the failure of the regulator,snapped cable or seizure of the motor. The problem was one of the steel cable got out of alignment thus it couldn't roll up. I didn't think what happened with the steel cable was even possible but nonetheless I'm happy it got fixed.

I changed my driver seat power window motor and whole assembly few months back. All the time can go down, but come up halfway too then jam. must try a lot of times before can go up. The plastic that holds the steel wire brittle. Changed it for bout RM 550+ if i still remember with Albert, WP.

Top Bottom