whistling sounds/whurring...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pharoah

Club Guest
hi all,these days when i drive, it feels like there's bird stuck in my car somewhere. i keep hearing very annoying whistling sounds which seem to come out from my glove compartment/dashboard. Some have told me it's my air-condition that's having a problem but i'm really sure. anybody?

Is the sound there if your aircond is switched off? Could be the blower is failing.

might b similar sound as mine weeks ago. after abut 2/3 weeks my aircond compressor kongged and replaced new at dr naidu

Hmmm... Maybe also try to put lubricant at the hood latch. I have this same experience with the other car- Bird singing under the dash- Put grease on both latch- sound gone. But i'm not sure on the E36.

i could try it without my aircon switched on, will let you know. thanks!

loafer;557138 said:
Is the sound there if your aircond is switched off? Could be the blower is failing.

hmm, sounds like a plan. will try it tonight. thanks for the advice man.

z///;557184 said:
Hmmm... Maybe also try to put lubricant at the hood latch. I have this same experience with the other car- Bird singing under the dash- Put grease on both latch- sound gone. But i'm not sure on the E36.

i had a similar problem. But the sound was more like a flapping noise. Mine was a issue witht the exhaust. Some welding had to be done.

Top Bottom