Whistling sound from air cond!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kvdavies

Club Guest
Hi,I've been getting this strange whistling sound from the air conditioning over the past few days. My F10 523i is about 18 months old and this issue has only just surfaced. Anyone else faced or know of this problem? The sound goes away when the air cond is switched off. Intend to take it in on monday, but was hoping someone here has tested the waters on this issue already. Thanks

I had it on my E90 from day one. Does the whistling appear if your AC is off ie. on fan/heater only? I googled a bit already and apparently it could be the AC gas pressure (too high or too low). Sent it to Quill who was clueless, then to Ingress who fixed it within an hour although they did charge for it.

gameover;733561 said:
I had it on my E90 from day one. Does the whistling appear if your AC is off ie. on fan/heater only? I googled a bit already and apparently it could be the AC gas pressure (too high or too low). Sent it to Quill who was clueless, then to Ingress who fixed it within an hour although they did charge for it.

It only appears when the aircond is switched on. So looks like Ingress is the place to go.

Anyone else with similar issues on their F10? I've kept track of the "traditional" F10 issues but this seems a first.

kvdavies;733589 said:
It only appears when the aircond is switched on. So looks like Ingress is the place to go.

I've dealt with 2 service technicians at Ingress, a chinese guy which I can't remember his name and a Malay guy named Mahadi. Both very knowledgeable.

Good luck.

gameover;733622 said:
I've dealt with 2 service technicians at Ingress, a chinese guy which I can't remember his name and a Malay guy named Mahadi. Both very knowledgeable.

Good luck.

Thanks. Have made an appt for 930 on Monday. It only seems to occur for the first 30 minutes into any journey.

kvdavies;733634 said:
Thanks. Have made an appt for 930 on Monday. It only seems to occur for the first 30 minutes into any journey.

Just realized its coming from the rear aircond vents. Likely that ingress will need to remove the entire centre console.

Top Bottom