Which petrol do you use?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

midship

Club Guest
Hi guys, Just wanted to know the choice of petrol do you use to power your 46s and if any reason whether it's out of convenience or does the engine "purr" differently? For me, I use SHELL out of convenience but find thet Petronas gives better performance and engine feels/sounds smoother noticeably. :pepsi:

midship;576676 said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know the choice of petrol do you use to power your 46s and if any reason whether it's out of convenience or does the engine "purr" differently?

For me, I use SHELL out of convenience but find thet Petronas gives better performance and engine feels/sounds smoother noticeably. :pepsi:

Petronas RON 97 or 95?:love:

i'm using shell ron97 v-power.. use to try 3-4 times ron95 but feel my car quite underpowered.dont know tecnically or psycologily..

my prefered fuel ...

DSC00761.jpg

used to use projet ...but what to do ....

I use Shell V-Power 97, I find it much smoother and slightly more powerful than the other ROn 97 brands. There is a difference you can feel. I tried one full tank with Petronas Ron97, it felt slightly rougher in the engine note and not so torquey. Then, I pump full tank on Shell V-Power 97, immediately felt the difference. THe best is still V-Power Racing....but at RM2.48 per litre....its, very premium, I only pump this once in 2 months, or when I feel low and down...then, the v power cheers me up :)

I'm with bro Iceman13 ... I use Caltex RON97 it gives me the best mileage and power. I feel the engine is more responsive and smoother too.

2nd choice is BHP 97, 3rd choice would either be Shell97 or Petronas97

The only fuel which is better than the rest is Shell Racing V-Power lerrr but too expensive for me :( Caltex97 comes really close tho so am happy :D

I am mixing 70% RON 95 (BHP) and 30% Shell V-Racing Power. Give it a try and feel the power....

im working in petrochemil lab, and sometims i tested fuel from esso/mobil, shell and petronas. if u want a fuel that 50% performnc 50% economical go for petronas, if u like a very clean engine performance and pickup not less economical go for Shell, esso and mobil more to power drive adn a bit of cleaning but economical markah paling rendh la... :smokin: correct me if im wrong

Ramzee1987;576837 said:
im working in petrochemil lab, and sometims i tested fuel from esso/mobil, shell and petronas. if u want a fuel that 50% performnc 50% economical go for petronas, if u like a very clean engine performance and pickup not less economical go for Shell, esso and mobil more to power drive adn a bit of cleaning but economical markah paling rendh la... :smokin: correct me if im wrong

How bout Caltex and BHP??? Was the test based on RON95 or 97? What methods were used during the testing?

Hope you can share us with more info :top:

i dont remember well wat kind of test is it.....suda lama juga..also i think it ron 97, now in handling other test for other material..for bhp and caltex i didnt hve the chance to test it because i think only three oil and gas company in malaysia with plant here, thats is Esso, Shell and Petronas loo....but wat i remember

1 test: which petrol will last longer(economical),result = No1 Petronas, No2 Shell, No3 Esso/Mobil

2 test: petrol with best cleaning additive=No1 Shelo/Mobil(with their new additive after ron 95 been introduce) No3 Petronas

3 test: Petrol that give more power drive= No1 Esso/Mobil, o2 Shell No3 Petronas

4 test: Petrol With the highest RON, No1 Petronas(ron 95.??) No2 Esso/Mobil (ron 94.9?) Shell (ron94.9?)

Petronas have the Higher ron, but they have to sacrifs and use cheper additve to get the standard price for ron 95,

So conclusion( mau save minyak use Petronas lah but your engine dirty looo, shell and esso will gve u bit more cleaning pickup and power but economical kne korban ckitla.....tak bnyk sgt...)

Diesel, the best Diesel in malaysia Goes to esso and mobil, other company diesel a bit murky and grey in colour like petronas and shell, u can see it with proper lab equipment, esso and mobil diesel clear as drinking water.. (orrect me if im wrong, im just a kuli cari makan) :smokin:

same choice as B33mEr...Caltex ron 97 as priority came along with Shell v power 97 for second option.

where can find shell v power racing around shah alam/subang jaya area?

Esso Ron95 for daily drive...Ron97 for BMWCM long drives..Good mileage for mine thus far.

2nd choice if Esso out of sight, then Shell.

I choose Shell V-Power 97... Does me awesome mileage, car's smooth and most of all, I trust Shell...
Btw, KL-JB-KL on V-Power 97... Can still come back KL and ronda a bit more before heading to the gas station again... Average speed about 120km/h with golf set and luggage. Total mileage achieved on full tank, approx 697kms.
I drive a 318i e46.

Top Bottom