Which absorber suitable for e39?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tweiboon

Club Guest
As i been informed that original absorber only last for 1 or 2 years time. If i need to buy new 4 absorbers then which absorbers i should looking for ? Any recommendation ?If possible please give me post picture or link here..... thanks

My ori absorbers lasted 8 years when I changed it last year. Ori replacement for you would be Boge Automatic I guess. My ori M-Sport absorbers were changed with Sachs Advantage.

Boge is alright for e39 unless u want to get high performance one like bilstein b8 etc.

Yes. Bro JFT is correct, I was suggesting for original replacement rather than an upgrade.

B12 is firm. Driver would love it. The passenger(s) may not like it as much as the driver does.
My 520i on B12 + front strut bar (aftermarket) + Eibach ARB (red), fantastic handling so long as the tyres have good grips (soft, much threads) and road is dry!

Wanna ask... my car has lowered springs (i think) since the stance looks lower compared to my friends E39.
Am looking to replace my absorbers as its gotten rather bouncy of late and not as firm. What would be a good replacement which is between performance and pure comfort?

Am new to this whole E39 absorbers thing and would like to find out some info. Been hearing Bilstein's good but am not interested in the B12. Was thinking something along the lines of B6 or B8 but i'm not too sure of its differences.

seewai;759680 said:
B12 is firm. Driver would love it. The passenger(s) may not like it as much as the driver does.
My 520i on B12 + front strut bar (aftermarket) + Eibach ARB (red), fantastic handling so long as the tyres have good grips (soft, much threads) and road is dry!

What is the price on the absorbers that you mentioned above ?

tweiboon;760638 said:
Buy absorbers online will our government charges tax on it ?

Depends, they look on how much you bought it for + shipping. Also depends on the mood of the customs guy it seems.

tweiboon;760639 said:
What is the price on the absorbers that you mentioned above ?

Bro, a new set should be RM4k+.
I got mine as a used set a-la harga-kawan, 2.5k.

tweiboon;760638 said:
Buy absorbers online will our government charges tax on it ?

If u send with normal airmail, sure kena one, besar ketul and berat la..

bmw7833;760788 said:
If u send with normal airmail, sure kena one, besar ketul and berat la..

Then using which courier service will not charge tax by our government ?

kayzhen911;760947 said:
use lorry transport la.
wont cost u more than 50 bucks

Buy from UK also can use lorry transport ? Wow what kind of Lorry transport is that ? heheheheh

Top Bottom